Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
youngj01

Reply with quote  #1 
Is there any way to having the conditions file recognize transparent images?  I know that ML does not support .png files.  I tried adding an alpha channel to .bmp files but it gets thrown out when I run the timing file.

Wael.Asaad

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
The xgl toolbox that underlies MonkeyLogic's video capabilities, supposedly, supports alpha-channel transparency.  However, despite putting in some effort to get this working, we've never quite succeeded.  It's never been a super-high priority, so there's still reasonable hope that it might work with some additional effort.  No one is actively working on that limitation currently, however, as far as I know.
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #3 
I will put this issue on my "back burner". I actually have been looking over xgl the past few days because I'm interested in making some additional improvements to it. Don't know if I'll be able to debug this quickly or not.

Quickly, when you talk of transparency do you mean a) alpha blending or b) a continuous range of RGB values which are simply not rendered to the screen, therefore creating wholes in the image allowing you to see through to the image below in z-order.
youngj01

Reply with quote  #4 
I mean alpha blending.

I am developing a work-around such that I superimposed the image on the background in advance and display the superimposed imaged, so it is not a critical issue.  Just in the long-term it might be helpful.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.