Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
ctestard

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello,

I am new monkey logic user and I have a question for you. I've been programming a task on ML and I would like to test it. Is it possible to do so without using analog input (from an eye tracker or a joystick), for example using a mouse input? 

I've read all of you website pages and I haven't found anything regarding this option. Also 
I've read in your touch screen thread that you are currently working on a USB adapter, does this imply that it is not possible to use an input such as a USB mouse or keyboard to simulate subject input?

Thank you!
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi,

Good question. I'm not sure how other users test their tasks, but I would use an analog joystick. You can use any device that outputs a steady voltage and feed it into the Horizontal channel, and a separate voltage into the Vertical Channel.

The touchscreen update I've been working on also includes the option to map the signal to a mouse, so that you can test your task using the standard computer mouse. But that's not available to the general public yet.

maloman

Reply with quote  #3 
Hey

There is a nearly hidden feature in the pause menu that activates keyboard cursors as a simulated eye movement etc.

That can be very helpful in testing!
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
Do you mean in the control screen press 'S'. Hasn't been working for me.
maloman

Reply with quote  #5 
That is super strange eddy !

Once you press S is it registers that change but then you cant control the cursor ?
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
Probably some bug in my dev version. I've reverted to the past release to see what's wrong.
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #7 
'S' is definitely not working in any version! Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I can see the mouse pointer on the stimulus screen, move it around with or without the mouse button down, and the ML crosshair does not respond. I have set enabled mouse / system keys in the GUI to true.
ctestard

Reply with quote  #8 
Hello,

I've managed to test my task with a mouse successfully, thank you for your help!

Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #9 
One of the warnings is because the set_iti(0) function at the end of the sample task. If you change the iti from 0 to 500 or more milliseconds, that warning will go away. That's because the minimum possible ITI is around 1/2 a second. This is discussed else where in the forum.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.