Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
dbarack

Reply with quote  #26 
Duration varies depending on the animal's behavior; anywhere from 15-100 seconds (100 is the timeout, but if the animal is doing poorly, the trial can take almost that long).

Below is today's run. The first two plots are as above. The third plot is now the difference between each pair of Blackrock events - the difference between each pair of MonkeyLogic events. The third panel shows what I expected to see. Thoughts?
EventTimingMonk4.jpg
Perhaps this issue is resolved?

I am still seeing duplicate timestamps however. (In today's run, out of 4677 eventcodes:
"There were 118 repeated eventcodes.
    - 22 were for same events
    - 96 were for different events
    - time criterion for duplicate was 6.000000e-04")
I had T1 at 500 us and T2 at 125 us. Besides continuing to try different combinations of T1 and T2 times, I'm not sure what else to try?

Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #27 
It seems that the errors are roughly within +-0.033 ms, as they should be, so that is good. However, you shouldn't see any duplicate timestamp. It must be a problem of the NI board, the digital cable or the Blackrock. How long is the cable connecting the ML computer and the Blockrock? Is it shielded?
dbarack

Reply with quote  #28 
I am using NI SH37F-P-4, 4 m long, shielded.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #29 
The length of your cable is the problem. The current that you can draw from digital output is usually small, so it takes longer to switch from 0 to 5 V, as the cable length gets longer. I wouldn't use anything longer than 2 m (= ~6 ft).
dbarack

Reply with quote  #30 

JAEWON IS KING! Thank you so much!
Shortening the cable solved the problem. See the below two plots, from two different runs with a live subject. ZERO duplicate timestamps. Huzzah!
EventTimingMonk5.jpg 
EventTimingMonk6.jpg 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.