Author   Comment  
T_J_Arakeri

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi Jaewon,
I have a strange problem. I'm trying to play and audio file using AudioSound. It was working all this while, however , I recently changed computers and I'm getting the following error:

"load_waveform: The XAudio2 object was not created! Check if your audio device is working"

I tried restarting Matlab and the computer with an audio device connected, yet, the error persisted. Could you please let me know what the problem might be?

Thanks
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Try the following tip and check if the playback device is activated in the sound of the control panel.

http://forums.monkeylogic.org/post/how-to-play-sound-9963165
T_J_Arakeri

Reply with quote  #3 
Yes, I tried that and checked that the device was activated in the control panel. Still getting the same error.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
If your audio board has many input connectors (front, back, etc.), try different ones. Some people talked about the same problem, but they all said later that it was fixed of itself, so I don't know what to suggest. Can you play sounds from other software? ML just uses the default output, so technically it is not ML's job to find which output is available.
T_J_Arakeri

Reply with quote  #5 
Yes, I tried switching the audio device to a different port. Also, there was no problem playing audio files using other software.
I might just switch back to my old system. 

Thanks for the reply.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
Okay. Do you remember if you installed the DirectX 9.0c runtime? Can you try again after installing the runtime?
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

ML tests the existence of the video DLL only, so the sound DLL might not be installed properly.
T_J_Arakeri

Reply with quote  #7 
That worked! Thanks a lot!
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks for the confirmation. Now NIMH ML checks the sound DLL as well, so it will ask you to install the runtime if the DLL is missing.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.