Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
stremblay

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everyone,

I have the "crazy" intention of training two monkeys simultaneously on my touchscreen task that runs flawlessly on ML 1.2.55 and Matlab 32-bit 2013b.

I would like to know whether it would be possible to open two separate ML sessions simultaneously on the same PC to drive two subject screens independently (no mirroring). I want to do that to save the cost of buying another PC to run ML simply for monkey training purposes. 

Any idea whether this is a possibility? I'm open to any suggestions!

Thanks!

Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
The MonkeyLogic version you are using will not allow you to do it. Maybe NIMH MonkeyLogic can do so with some modifications. Even if you can do, you still need separate DAQ devices and monitors, so the money that you can save is just about $400, which is nothing in monkey experiments.
stremblay

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you for your prompt answer Jaewon,

By running two ML sessions from the same PC, I estimated that I can save more than 1,2K$ if I use cheap USB-DAQs. Thus, if it only requires slight modifications of NIMH Monkeylogic to work, I'd be interested in hearing your suggestion.

Ryklin, do you have an opinion about this?

Thank you.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
Running two ML sessions and using cheap USB-DAQs are two separate things. You can always choose USB-DAQs, whether you run two sessions or not. However, you cannot run two sessions with one DAQ device, so there is no cost saving in DAQ, compared with running two computers.

By the way, you know that you can run MonkeyLogic with one DAQ device if you use NIMH DAQ Toolbox, do you?

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.