Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
qizilbash

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all,

I have a RSVP task which I should avoid ITI, in order to this I write my whole task in a timing file as a trial I know that i cant use from trial by trial info saving of ML so I save my task info in a mat file in that timing file.

some Q:

1.Dose anyone have a good scenario for this kinds of tasks?
2.I should load lots of task object and this cause Matlab crash at the end of session (i guess it is because of memory). what could I do?
3.I have only 30 image but I should present them in 15 different location and 5 different size, Is it ok to generate 30*15*5 TaskObject or I could handle this in a better way?

thanks in advance

Best,

Wael.Asaad

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi there-

What exactly is the structure of your task, and what do you mean you've had to implement the "whole task" in a single timing file?  I've implemented an RSVP task before in ML, in which every trial was a rapid sequence of 10 images followed by a behavioral response, and the order of images varied from trial-to-trial according to a pseudo-random rule.  How are you implementing your version of the RSVP paradigm?
qizilbash

Reply with quote  #3 
I should present 30 images in 15 different locations and 5 different sizes rapidly(200 ms by 200 ms) after each other until fixation break and continue from that order of images again after fixation.

so I can not divide my task to trials because ITI is bigger than 200ms.

let me know if you need more details.

thanks
Wael.Asaad

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
You're right there's no easy way to achieve a 200ms ITI (though I haven't tried with the latest / fastest hardware).  You could minimize the number of objects to load by using the "reposition_object" function to move a given object around the screen as needed, without having to load several versions of it, one for each location (so you'd be 30x15 rather than 30x15x5), though it may still be too much for the graphics memory.  Having a beefy graphics card (at least 4GB ram) should help here.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.