Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everyone, 

I noticed a few potential problems with recording object positions. Please tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

Say you define a task object #1 in your text file at some location, ie 0,5 degrees.

Then in your timing script you reposition that object like so:

reposition_object(1, 5, 5) (move it location 5,5 degrees)

Then call

toggleobject(1, 'on')

In the data file the object will be recorded as being at location 0,5 -- the position defined in the text file. 

This is problematic if you wish to say randomly alternate the location of your task objects from trial to trial.

So how do we handle this properly?
Wael.Asaad

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Where in the data file are you looking?  If it's the conditions table structure, that should probably stay as-is, in which case an additional field to keep track of object position changes (and associated time-stamps of those changes) is likely the best way to proceed.
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #3 
I was actually just looking at the entire trial's data using BehavioralSummary. I see now that if I playback the trial the object position's do change at the appropriate times, but on the first sample they are displayed as I described. So I suppose we can work around this.
ErikEmeric

Reply with quote  #4 

BHV.ObjectStatusRecord.Status contains the information you would need.

"BHV.ObjectStatusRecord.Status is a vector, one element per object, that indicates if each object is currently visible (1), invisible (0), or altered in some other way (2 = static change in position; 3 = Movie frame / translation change)."

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.