Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
test111

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi, Everyone

When I was doing calibration in ML, the monkey's eye can reach all points in calibration interface perfectly. But in real trials, under the condition of reaching the fixation point correctly (the center of screen), his eye can't reach the point directly above the fixation point meanwhile overreached the point directly below the fixation point(asymmetry in the vertical direction, as if Gain Y in the upper part of the screen is smaller)

To rule out the possibility that my monkey can't see the point above because of limited vertical viewing angle. I lowered the height of the screen to make sure he can see it. But this phenomenon still occurs.

How should I correct it? Thanks in advance!

Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Are you saying that eye signals behave differently in the calibration and in real trials? That is simply not possible.

See if you are using the right calibration matrix. Did you run the calibration tool after you load the task and change the subject name? NIMH ML keeps separate configuration profiles for each task and each subject. If you have run the task with the same subject name before (i.e., there is a subject profile created already), the calibration matrix is not automatically transferred from subject to subject. Try again after deleting *_cfg2.mat or importing the calibration matrix from other subjects or other configuration files.
test111

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi, Jaewon
Thanks for your reply. So sorry to bother you frequently. I was wondering how to set offset and gain values in Non-DAQ device settings when using Eyelink. I found that there was no eye signal in calibration interface when offset and gain were set to the initial values. So I tried to decrease gain value until the eye signal appeared and the offset value remained. the current values are: offset 0, gain 0.0005.
I guess this process is to transform the eyelink input(-5V to +5V) to a proper voltage range in ML. What's the correct method/procedure to set these values? Thanks in advance.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
You don't need to change the gain and offset in the Non-DAQ device settings. If you don't see any eye signal, it is probably because your EyeLink system is not sending out any. See if your EyeLink is set to send out data via Ethernet. When you use the Ethernet, EyeLink input is not voltage anymore and it is not -5 to 5 either. Do not change the default offset and gain.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.