Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
stremblay

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all,

I am building a new PC that I intend to run ML on. Your website recommends purchasing the NI 6229 PCI DAQ card. However, on the NI website, NI recommends purchasing the PCI express version of the card for all future applications.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/14132

Would a PCI express (NI PCIe-6321) card interface correctly with ML ?

Thanks a lot!

Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
I am running PCI express just fine.
Wael.Asaad

Administrator
Reply with quote  #3 
Yup, PCI express works.  The critical element is support for whatever card you purchase in the MATLAB DAQ toolbox.
stremblay

Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you !
qzhou

Reply with quote  #5 
In addition to OP's inquiry, I have a question in similar. I have an NI USB-6343 board, it is supported by Matlab itself, both legacy and session based, will it play well with ML? Since it's not PCI, should it be okay without AI-Duplication? Thank you!
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
No the USB devices will not work with ML. I also have a USB 6341 and tried getting it to work. The problem is that matlab dropped support for the 32 bit Data Acquisition driver, and ML doesn't work with 64 Bit matlab. However, only the latest versions of 64 Bit matlab DAQ toolbox include a driver for all these new USB devices. So, until ML is upgraded to 64 Bit matlab, no, these devices will not work.
Wael.Asaad

Administrator
Reply with quote  #7 
USB DAQ devices are very slow to upload the most-recent-sample to the system, and so delays in online behavioral control can easily extend into the 10s of milliseconds.  They're not recommended for running actual experiments, but we do use them for testing / prototyping.
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #8 
When you say that you use them for testing / prototyping, how are you doing that with ML when they don't work matlab's 32 Bit daq driver?
Andy Mitz

Reply with quote  #9 
We use NI PCIe-6323 DAQ boards and they work very well as replacements for the PCI-6229.  

wise119

Reply with quote  #10 
ICP DAS USA is a company specialize in Data Acquisition modules. I used their PCI DAQ card and works with LabVIEW. It is really useful to collect data from your PC.
http://www.icpdas-usa.com/pcidataacquisition.php 
[PC_Based_I_O_Boards_01] 
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #11 
If the Matlab daq toolbox supports a vendor other than National Instruments, such as ICP DAS USA, then their board may work with MonkeyLogic. However, we haven't tested any of their products and can NOT guarantee they will work at all, or perform to MonkeyLogic specifications. 
Ahmad

Reply with quote  #12 
Can NI PCIe-6323 and PCI-6229 be used in the same ML setup or  should the 2 DAQ boards be the same?
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #13 
If what you asked about is whether they can be used for AI duplication, they can't. Otherwise, you can use them together for assigning more ports. There is no technical limitation in mixing different boards for AI duplication, but MonkeyLogic is just written without considering such a case.

Why don't you use NIMH DAQ Toolbox? Then you need just one board and can spare the other board for another setup.

ftp://helix.nih.gov/lsn/monkeylogic/NIMH_daqtoolbox_(May-19-2016).zip
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.