Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
neo3dot1415

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi Jaewon,

I'm using Intan interface as my neural recording system.

I'm reading eventmarker codes correctly on the Intan (sending 9/18 and etc. receiving 9/18 and etc.) but here is the problem:

If ML send 9 --> Intan receives 9 and stays high till it receives the next eventmarker.

* I've checked Intan documents and it dose not need any hand shaking signal although Behavioral Codes on ML needs strobe port as well.

* My digital input lines are assigned as follow:

On the Intan Digital Input Lines: 
0 to 7 : Behavioral Codes
8: Strobe

On the Spring Terminal Block:
P0(0-7): Behavioral Codes
PFI1: Strobe

Thanks for your suggestion in advance.

Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
I fail to see why staying high is a problem. Does it make any undesirable outcome? The way that ML strobes hasn't been changed from the old versions.
neo3dot1415

Reply with quote  #3 
Just because it keeps the 3 bits high (2 out of 8 and strobe ) at the end of each trial. It also stays high until we manually trigger those specific ports by using either Test option or Test Digital Codes option on ML GUI.

General Question: Why ML strobe should works in this way and not working like an on/off pulses? Is it because of timing issues (to send different EventMarkers consecutively without no delays)?  

Thanks for your quick responses Jaewon.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
So there is no "problem".

I will answer your question with another question. Why does the output have to be zero when there is no particular reason for it to be zero?

neo3dot1415

Reply with quote  #5 
I think having pulse-like structure (zero-one-zero) for eventmarkers might be helpful as another timing indicator in some situations.

In this way, if we're calling eventmarker inside a toggleobject function, it could have mark on the neuronal acquisition data as well, to also have an estimation of the toggleobject function leaving time (flip time gives entrance time to the toggleobject I guess).

Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
I think you misunderstand something. Events are marked only at the moment that Strobe changes its status, not while Strobe stays high (or low). If you want to mark the entering time and the leaving time of toggleobject(), then put two eventmarker() before and after toggleobject(). FYI, the flip time is neither the entering time nor the leaving time of toggleobject(). It is the time when the screen contents are updated, which is somewhere between them.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.