Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
maloman

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi All,

i wrote a network interface based on zeroMQ and a little wrapper that works wonders with ML. The way I use it is to send real messages as event codes to open ephys. The network msgs are then synced with the strobe bit TTL timings to have precise stamps.

ATM this integration happens within my runtime which i really dislike and I would love to integrate this further. I am thinking that event_marker should just take this functionality over completely in case one selects network interface and IP in the main menu. The initial handshake should be performed on initialization trial.

The thing is that I would like to follow the original conventions when integrating it into ML. If anyone could advise me on where to this should ideally go I would be very grateful.

Best

Jan
Wael.Asaad

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Can you explain a little further what sorts of messages you're sending, and how that interacts with OpenEphys (what they contain and what functions they trigger)?  We also use OpenEphys but have been syncing simply using the digital event-markers.  A text label for each code is saved in the BHV file, and we have been relying simply on that.  But it sounds like you're doing something more?

maloman

Reply with quote  #3 
Hey Wael,

so theoretically they can trigger anything in open ephys.

One example is to set up the PTSH module. Add conditions etc.

Through the network module in Open Ephys any type of network events can be triggered. They are treated like anything else in the signal chain.

Another example and that is the simplest case is to get away from sending these lookup codes tied to 8 bit TTL transmission. Instead I send one bit (strobe) for a timestamp and a real string over network containing the actual even (e.g. Trial Start, Fixation Break etc).
This makes you have all the info you need inside your kwk files.

Does this explanation help ?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.