Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
youngj01

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi, all, 

I am working with the latest build of ML with the mouse functionality.  But I keep getting this error when I try to run.  It happens even when I use the mouse3 test files.

<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Initializing I/O
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Gathering I/O board info (running ioscan.m)...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> DAQ Driver Version: National Instruments 15.0.1 NI-DAQmx
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> DAQ Toolbox Version: NIMH daqtoolbox (Mar 11, 2016 build 25)
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Found 3 I/O adaptors:
... 1) nidaq
... 2) winsound
... 3) USB (Universal Serial Bus)

<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Using configuration file: C:\Users\Hamlin\Documents\matlab\monkeylogic\MonkeyLogic\Tasks\mouse\mouse3_cfg.mat
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Initialized XGL - DirectX 9 fullscreen graphics layer for Matlab...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Loading conditions file C:\Users\Hamlin\Documents\matlab\monkeylogic\MonkeyLogic\Tasks\mouse\\mouse3.txt
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Loaded & parsed conditions file: C:\Users\Hamlin\Documents\matlab\monkeylogic\MonkeyLogic\Tasks\mouse\\mouse3.txt
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Embedding C:\Users\Hamlin\Documents\matlab\monkeylogic\MonkeyLogic\Tasks\mouse\mouse3.m...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Successfully created the run-time function from the timing script
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Initialized task parameters...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Reading behavioral codes file: C:\Users\Hamlin\Documents\MATLAB\monkeylogic\MonkeyLogic\codes.txt...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Opening C:\Users\Hamlin\Documents\matlab\monkeylogic\MonkeyLogic\Tasks\mouse\Experiment-Edward3-04-05-2016.bhv...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Loading conditions file C:\Users\Hamlin\Documents\matlab\monkeylogic\MonkeyLogic\Tasks\mouse\\mouse3.txt
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Initialized data file C:\Users\Hamlin\Documents\matlab\monkeylogic\MonkeyLogic\Tasks\mouse\Experiment-Edward3-04-05-2016.bhv...
Warning: The DrawMode property will be removed in a future release. Use the
SortMethod property instead.
> In initcontrolscreen (line 132)
In monkeylogic (line 458)
In mlmenu (line 2323)
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Initializing I/O
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Gathering I/O board info (running ioscan.m)...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> DAQ Driver Version: National Instruments 15.0.1 NI-DAQmx
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> DAQ Toolbox Version: NIMH daqtoolbox (Mar 11, 2016 build 25)
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Found 3 I/O adaptors:
... 1) nidaq
... 2) winsound
... 3) USB (Universal Serial Bus)
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Successfully completed initializing I/O.
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Video graphics initialization started...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Initialized XGL - DirectX 9 fullscreen graphics layer for Matlab...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Video graphics initialization completed successfully.
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Calculating video frame length...
...Average video frame length = 13.338 ms
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Looking for C:\Users\Hamlin\Documents\MATLAB\monkeylogic\MonkeyLogic\initializing.avi
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Initialization trial starting...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Trial #0 Initializing
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Successfully initialized Timing Files.
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> BHV File: C:\Users\Hamlin\Documents\matlab\monkeylogic\MonkeyLogic\Tasks\mouse\Experiment-Edward3-04-05-2016.bhv. Started running trials at 11:48 AM...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Trial #1 Initializing
<<<*** MonkeyLogic ***>>> Timing File Execution Error
Error using xglmex
Invalid function index.

Error in xglgetcursor_buttonstate (line 11)
[lhs1] = xglmex (45);

Error in mlvideo (line 254)
result = xglgetcursor_buttonstate;

Error in mouse3_runtime (line 126)

Error in monkeylogic (line 1132)
TrialData = feval(timingfile, TaskObject, ScreenInfo, DaqInfo, MLConfig.EyeTransform, MLConfig.JoyTransform, BehavioralCodes, TrialRecord, trialtype);

Error in mlmenu (line 2323)
monkeylogic(condfile, datafile, testflag);

What happens when you run is that the screen shows the targets but no mouse is visible.  Then after about 2 or 3 seconds that error appears.  

Any ideas for what is causing it?  I checked that the Mouse/System Keys was enabled.  I have a USB mouse with MouseX on port 1 and MouseY on port 2.  I don't know if that is the problem. 

Thanks,
Jake

Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Jake,

I went through your entire log that you have posted here, and the first few lines are omitted, including your version number. My initialize hunch is that your running in 64 bit matlab, and the version of ML you're using does not have a properly compiled 64 Bit XGL library. That was an issue just a few versions ago. So, I want to make sure you are using this version : 
https://github.com/ryklin/MonkeyLogic_stable/releases/tag/1.2.66

You can also check the xgl directory and make sure the xglgetcursor_buttonstate.m file is in the directory, which I'm sure it is, but you can double check. 

I see from reviewing some of your previous posts that you've had, and solved, lots of initialization problems before. Can you run any of your other versions to confirm they work properly? Did you change anything about your setup since the other times when ML worked with the mouse for you?

Thanks!
-Edward

youngj01

Reply with quote  #3 
Yes that is right.  I was using ML 1.2.58.  Sorry about that.  I didn't see the new version when I searched the site.

Updating to the new version (1.2.66) got it working -- both for mouse3 and the task I am piloting.  Thanks!

PS. The new versions with 64 bit and the NIMH DAQ toolbox are WAAAYYY faster!  I was having sampling rate issue getting the mouse and eye tracker working simultaneously, but those evaporated with the new version.  Thanks for the hard work.
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
Wonderful, thanks for letting us know.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #5 
youngj01, thank you for complimenting my toolbox.

Can you explain the problem that you had when getting the mouse and eye tracker working together? There is an issue in the current touchscreen implementation that can slow down the cyclerate of MonkeyLogic. I am wondering if that was the problem you experienced.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.