Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #1 
Has anyone experienced the following:

Create an item file that has two of the same object such as this:

Condition Frequency Block Timing File TaskObject#1 TaskObject#2

1   1   1   joystick crc(1.0,[0 1 0],0,-5,0) crc(1.0,[0 1 0],0,5,0) 

Notice above there are two circles, identical to one another except that they appear at different locations. I can make one filled and the other not filled, or change their colors and still get the following problem.

When loading the conditions/item files in monkey logic, the stimulus preview (showing me the various items loaded), only displays the first circle. There is no error reported.

Anyone know why?
Wael.Asaad

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Will a task with those two items run / display correctly?  That would suggest a problem reading the conditions file.  Otherwise, the problem may simply be in the display of these items within the main menu...

Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #3 
The problem is in the display of the items in the ML GUI only, that's correct. The task will run correctly nonetheless.

I imagine that users may frequently need to design a task consisting of a two similar targets that differ only in color; say red and green (target and distractor). 

I'll put this little bug on my to do list.
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
An additional note related to the display of items in the GUI:

Apparently ML does not display the images in the order that they are entered into the item file. Instead they are alphabetized. This can be a little disorienting to users. I expected item#1 to be at the top and item#10 at the bottom.

It might also be nice to control the (Z) order in which stimuli are rendered (1...10 or 10...1 for example).
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.