Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
FredStoll

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all,
I'm trying to set up a new experiment using dynamic stimuli (a kind of dot motion task), and I'm wondering if it is possible using ML. I used Cortex Dos version before (where such task are tricky to do without using video). Would it be the only way to do it in ML as well? using videos ?
I saw in previous topics that it might be possible (but really tricky) to combine ML with Psychtoolbox? Would that be feasible that way ?
Thanks
Best
Fred
Wael.Asaad

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
You can definitely do dynamic stimuli if they are saved as movies, referencing them using the "mov" object in the conditions file.  If you need to generate stimuli on the fly, there is also the "gen" object; however, using this to generate movies during the ITI may significantly prolong the ITI, so may not be feasible for all but the smallest movies.
FredStoll

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for your response Wael.
The problem I have with movie is that they can't be modified on the fly (modifying the speed of moving dots if subject press a key for example, or changing the color of some dots if subject is looking at them). Nevertheless, the "gen" object could be a solution if I could put it inside a loop to generate images while checking for subjects' behavior (and modifying the object accordingly). I'm not currently using ML so I'm wondering if that is possible (put the "gen" object inside a loop in the timing file) with a fine control of timing (I would ideally change the picture each 1 or 2 video frames, meaning that it might not take more than few ms to do it)? What do you think ?
All the best,
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.