Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
ahamilos

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi there!

I'm trying to track whether a button/lever is pressed with eyejoytrack. Eyejoytrack takes the following arguments:

ontarget = eyejoytrack('holdtouch', [OBJECT], digital_threshold, time_interval);

My question is how to give the function the digital input from my button. I defined the Button 1 as digital port 0 pin 0 on my DAQ, but how do I reference it in the timing file?

I tried making the button a TaskObject: TTL(0), but it seems TaskObjects are only for outputs?

Thank you!

<<<*** MonkeyLogic ***>>> Timing File Execution Error
Error using timing_v3_fewvars_runtime>eyejoytrack (line 949)
*** At least one requested Button has not been assigned to a DAQ object ***

Error in timing_v3_fewvars_runtime (line 119)

Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
I don't think you can do that. You shouldn't route a digital signal to an analog input.

Take a look at this thread:
http://forums.monkeylogic.org/post/suggests-for-button-parts-7896086?pid=1291957916
ahamilos

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks! According to the documentation, you should be able to define buttons with digital inputs:

holdtouchreturns when the button / lever input voltage falls below the specified threshold, or the specified duration has elapsedbutton(s) / lever(s)the voltage if analog, or 0.5 if digital0 if the input level falls below the threshold before the specified duration has elapsed, 1 otherwise.

However, how do you define the digital input as an object that you can pass to the function? This is missing from the documentation. Does anyone know?
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
In case of buttons, you can place the button number to where the object number goes in eyejoytrack().
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.