Author   Comment  
Mitch

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi, 

The task flow control suggests that the Block Selection/Change function should run "before the very 1st trial" but when I run my task it never runs until after the first trial. I am trying to figure out how to use the block selection function to initiate the task on a random block. How can I do this if the function is not called until after the first trial? I have my function set as both the block change and block selection function so I know that isn't the problem. I'm also using the most recent version of ML. This is the document I'm referencing:  ftp://helix.nih.gov/lsn/monkeylogic/ML2_doc/taskflowcontrol.html

Thanks for the help. 

Mitch 
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Is your First block to run set to "TBD"?

-----

Although nothing much has changed, please refer to the official website for latest documents.
https://monkeylogic.nimh.nih.gov/docs_TaskflowControl.html

Also see how to access offline manuals.
https://monkeylogic.nimh.nih.gov/board/read.php?2,15,15#msg-15
Mitch

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the reply. I am unable to edit First block to run in the GUI. I've also tried to set TrialRecord.NextBlock in the userloop before the first trial but this doesn't seem to take effect until the second trial. Thanks again. 
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
The Conditions Selection/Block Selection functions are relevant, only when you are using the conditions file.

If you are using the userloop, the block number and the condition number are used just for your reference and have no meaning in the task control.
Mitch

Reply with quote  #5 
Ok, thanks. I guess I will just store that information in the User field. 
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
I don't understand what you are talking about, but you can assign whatever numbers to NextBlock and NextCondition when using the userloop. When you use the userloop, it is you that decide how the next trial should be composed, so those numbers are not used by ML.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.