Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
niemeyej

Reply with quote  #1 
I'm having problems re-calibrating eye position after starting a task in monkeylogic.  If I calibrate prior to starting the task then the calibration routine runs smoothly; however, if I start the task and then use "E" to recalibrate eye position then I get errors once the calibration starts.

Following the stream of errors gets me to "Error using kbdmex. The library has not been initialized".

Am I doing something incorrectly?  Any ideas would be really appreciated.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the command window.  thanks

Attached Images
jpeg kbdmex_error.JPG (68.83 KB, 15 views)

Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
I believe I have a solution for you! Give me a few days, I'll try to post it before Monday.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #3 
Hi niemeyej,

I haven't seen this in the Oct 2014 version that I use, but apparently it is there in the current Oct 2014. Tracking down where the initialization is skipped may be a long shot, so I fixed it by making kbdmex initialize itself first if it has not been done. Download the file attached below, unzip it to the 'kbd' directory in your MonkeyLogic and overwrite. Let me know if it works for you.

Edit: You may need to install either Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2013 or VS2015, depending on the binary you download.

Attached Files
zip kbdmex.vs2015.zip (8.98 KB, 4 views)
zip kbdmex.vs2013.zip (9.29 KB, 1 views)

niemeyej

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi, this gave me a different error.  The "module could not be found".  I'm attaching it below.

edit: this "module" error comes up as soon as I run a task, not just when recalibrating eye position

Attached Images
jpeg kbdmex_error_afterUpdate.JPG (40.76 KB, 8 views)

Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #5 
I'm working on this now, so just hang on a bit longer!
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
Hi Everyone,

Okay, here's what I found:

1) The complaint reported indeed does exist in my branch and needs patching.
2) The kbdmex file Jaewon sent does solve the problem for me. I am going to commit it to my repository right away. 
2a) Jaewon, please supply me with the C++ code changes you made so that I can update that as well.
2b) Niemeyej, the second error you show suggests you perhaps did not unzip the file properly, place it into the correct directory, or it's just not compatible with your system for some odd reason. Double check and let us know please.
3) There's another code fix I have added to xycalibrate on line 325-228  -- mlkbd('init'), which might also help.

Overall, re-calibrating the eye tracker analog signal during trials is working fine for me now.

Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #7 
I have committed all changes to revision 152, you should go ahead and update your copy -- this might make it easier for you.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #8 
niemeyej,

Sorry. I missed one thing. You need to install the following package. It is because I use Visual Studio 2015 to compile *.cpp files.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49984

Since you are using 32-bit MATLAB, choose "VC_redist.x86.exe".

niemeyej

Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks a lot to both of you -- the fixes seem to have worked.  And Jaewon, you were right that I just needed Visual Studio to use your new file.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.