Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
youngj01

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi, everyone.  I am new to the forum and to MonkeyLogic.  I am trying to get the mouse support working, but I keep getting this error when I try to use the mouse:

---

<<<*** MonkeyLogic ***>>> Initialization Error
Error using xglmex
Invalid device number

Error in xglrect (line 19)
[lhs1] = xglmex (11, rhs1);

Error in mlvideo (line 257)
       xgl_pos = [xglrect(1); xglrect(2)]; % monitor positions by XGL

Error in mouse3_runtime>eyejoytrack (line 700)

Error in mouse3_runtime (line 24)

Error in monkeylogic (line 566)
       feval(timingfile, TaskObject, TempScreenInfo, DaqInfo, MLConfig.EyeTransform, MLConfig.JoyTransform, BehavioralCodes, TrialRecord, trialtype);

Error in mlmenu (line 2319)
               monkeylogic(condfile, datafile, testflag);

C:\Users\Hamlin\Documents\MATLAB\monkeylogic\MonkeyLogic\mlhelper --cursor-enable
Warning: Calling MEX-file 'C:\Users\Hamlin\Documents\MATLAB\monkeylogic\MonkeyLogic\prttoolbox\prtmex.dll'.
MEX-files with .dll extensions will not execute in a future version of MATLAB. 
In prtnormal (line 7)
 In monkeylogic>error_escape (line 2168)
 In monkeylogic (line 573)
 In mlmenu (line 2319) 
Error using xglmex
XGL has not been initialized

Error in xglshowcursor (line 12)
xglmex (29, rhs1, rhs2);

Error in mlvideo (line 236)
       xglshowcursor(devicenum, val);

Error in monkeylogic>error_escape (line 2170)
mlvideo('showcursor', ScreenInfo.Device, 1);

Error in monkeylogic (line 573)
   error_escape(ScreenInfo, DaqInfo, fidbhv);

Error while evaluating UIControl Callback

----

I am using Windows 7, MATLAB 2015b (32 bit), and the current version monkeylogic from the forum (12/24 I believe).  I get this error when I try any of the mouse scripts included.

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated, and I am happy to tell you about any other ones I run into in the process of debugging.
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Have you tried any other projects to isolate the problem is indeed in the mouse sample?

Looks to me like your video resolution and display number are incorrect
youngj01

Reply with quote  #3 
Sorry for my slow reply.  You were completely right.  It wasn't initializing because I was piloting it on a system with only one monitor.  Now it has two and the monitor setting issues have been corrected.  

However, mouse3 is throwing another error:

<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Initialization trial starting...
C:\Users\Hamlin\Documents\MATLAB\monkeylogic\MonkeyLogic\mlhelper --cursor-disable
Warning: skipped 2 frame(s) of C:\Users\Hamlin\Documents\MATLAB\monkeylogic\MonkeyLogic\initializing.avi at 598.6 ms
C:\Users\Hamlin\Documents\MATLAB\monkeylogic\MonkeyLogic\mlhelper --cursor-enable
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Successfully initialized Timing Files.
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> BHV File: C:\Users\Hamlin\Documents\MATLAB\monkeylogic\MonkeyLogic\Tasks\mouse\Experiment-jake_test17-01-15-2016(01).bhv. Started running trials at 3:48 PM...
C:\Users\Hamlin\Documents\MATLAB\monkeylogic\MonkeyLogic\mlhelper --cursor-disable
<<<*** MonkeyLogic ***>>> Timing File Execution Error
Operands to the || and && operators must be convertible to logical scalar values.

Error in mouse3_runtime (line 111)

Error in monkeylogic (line 1127)
TrialData = feval(timingfile, TaskObject, ScreenInfo, DaqInfo, MLConfig.EyeTransform, MLConfig.JoyTransform, BehavioralCodes, TrialRecord, trialtype);

---

What happens on the screen is that you can see both boxes and the cursor, but the cursor isn't moving.  

Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
I'm not exactly sure, because the error starts as a Timing File Execution Error, and I'm assuming you didn't modify the sample timing file. Can you check the following:

In the MonkeyLogic Menu, the advanced section, Enable Mouse/System Keys, should be checked to ON. That maybe one reason, the other is that you should not click anywhere other than the stimulus display.
youngj01

Reply with quote  #5 
Ok that got it working.  I didn't realize that was an option there, but I redownloaded to this build of MonkeyLogic to make sure nothing was changed.  It definitely will crash out if you click off the screen though.  

Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
Progress is always a good thing!

I've had both of the other issues on my back burner for a while now. If I can figure out how to automatically set that GUI option within the timing file, I will certainly notify the forum. Likewise, if you figure it out, let us know.  Also, the solution to clicking outside the video stimulus window is not simple (as far as I know). So, until we think of something, you'll have to tolerate that one annoying problem. 

Let me know if you have any other questions or feature requests.
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #7 

For using the touch screen or mouse, as stated earlier, its necessary for the user to enable the mouse/ system keys option in the advanced menu. However, you can now also add these 3 lines of code to the top of your timing file, it will come included in all the sample tasks from now on.

dirs = getpref('MonkeyLogic', 'Directories');
message = sprintf('%smlhelper --cursor-enable',dirs.BaseDirectory);
system(message);

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.