Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
ErikEmeric

Reply with quote  #1 
hi,
i'm sending behavioral codes via Dev 1 port 0 lines 1:16 to a plexon map box. i'm also using lines 17:24 on the same device and port to trigger our reward system (The 1st 4 bits are used to encode a digital word to indicate the amount (in units) to be delivered while the last bit actually triggers the reward delivery).

the issue i'm encountering is that the matlab function that is used to trigger the reward works perfectly outside of monkeylogic (e.g. command line) but when called from the timing script 1st 4 bits only send the value 1 regardless of the actual amount input but the last bit actually does trigger the reward.

we have another rig running monkeylogic using this reward delivery system and matlab function that works as it should. 

is it possible that monkeylogic has somehow commandeered those digital channels and the reward function (attached as a .txt file) doesn't have "permission" to access them? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MATLAB Version 7.12.0.635 (R2011a)
MATLAB License Number: 703789
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)
Java VM Version: Java is not enabled
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MATLAB Version 7.12 (R2011a)
Data Acquisition Toolbox Version 2.18 (R2011a)
Image Processing Toolbox Version 7.2 (R2011a)
Optimization Toolbox Version 6.0 (R2011a)
Signal Processing Toolbox Version 6.15 (R2011a)
Statistics Toolbox Version 7.5 (R2011a)
Symbolic Math Toolbox Version 5.6 (R2011a)
Wavelet Toolbox Version 4.7 (R2011a)

Attached Files
txt SyringePump3Ch.txt (5.63 KB, 18 views)

Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
It sounds strange to me that one system works as expected and the other doesn't. I would be surprised if a text file was responsible. I would guess something is wrong with the wiring. Have you had any success debugging this?
ErikEmeric

Reply with quote  #3 
hi, 
just giving you an update. i resolved the issue by using digital lines on the second board to trigger the device.

i debugged the problem using a 4 ch oscilloscope so that i might be able to see the state of the lines when monkeylogic was running. the device is triggered using a falling edge trigger, but when monkeylogic was running, it appeared to be a rising edge trigger. i'm not sure if this is because the strobed events are set to use a rising edge trigger in the monkeylogic menu. 

thanks for the suggestions!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.