Author   Comment  
carlsobm

Reply with quote  #1 
Has anybody run MonkeyLogic through a VIEWPixx/3D Monitor? We got one to replace a CRT. The VIEWPixx/3D needs to run at 1920x1080 resolution, and it has refresh options of 60Hz, 100Hz, and 120Hz. Our stimulus needs to be presented at 100Hz or higher, but at these settings matlab gives the following error:

Error using xglmex
XGL has not been initialized

Error in xglshowcursor (line 12)
xglmex (29, rhs1, rhs2);

Error in mlvideo (line 210)
xglshowcursor(devicenum, val);

Error in mlmenu (line 1999)
mlvideo('showcursor', videodevice, 1);

Error while evaluating UIControl Callback

However, when running xglinit through the command line no error occurs.
At 60Hz, MonkeyLogic can run on the VIEWPixx, but there is a delay in stimulus timing and presentation.
Has anybody else had trouble getting MonkeyLogic to communicate with VPixx products? 

Thank you!
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Have you tried NIMH MonkeyLogic? I have another user who wants to use VIEWPixx, but he is having a problem in running NIMH ML in the full screen mode. I wonder if it happens to others. It would be nice if you could try NIMH ML and let me know the result.

https://goo.gl/wuxWg7
crponce

Reply with quote  #3 
Hey Brock, this is Carlos.  To elaborate on Jaewon's post, I'm running MonkeyLogic 2. I just discovered this week that I can only run video on the VIEWPixx if I lower the refresh option to < 100 Hz. According to the VIEWPixx folks, doing this will introduce latency delays, but no solution has been offered.

Just to see if we're dealing with the same issue, maybe try unplugging all other monitors (if you're doing dual/triple displays) and run ML on the experimenter's screen. In my setup, I can run small windows in the VPixx monitor, but not full screen. This may suggest that the VIEWPixx has issues running full-screen mode video across different video libraries.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
Carlos said he could run NIMH ML in the full screen mode (1920 x 1080, 120 Hz), after he set the VIEWPixx monitor as the primary display.
carlsobm

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you all for the help and for your replies. Setting the VIEWPixx to primary solves the issue in both versions of Monkey Logic. 

We are very grateful for the input!
carlsobm

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you again Jaewon and Carlos with the help on the previous issue. Again, setting VIEWPixx as primary does not result in an XGL error. However, this also means that the experiment control panel appears on the primary monitor and is promptly covered by the control screen. At this point, ML disables the mouse so the experiment control panel cannot be moved to the secondary monitor while the experiment is in session.

Our lab has all of our stimuli created in ML 1. Is there a way to change the control panel in ML 1 to display on the secondary monitor? 

Thank you for your suggestions!
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #7 
See Line 58 of initcontrolscreen.m and change the values of wxp & wyp to the position you want.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.