Author   Comment  
lpremach

Reply with quote  #1 
I'm currently attempting to set-up a trial in which a marmoset is shown two images and their eye movement is tracked. As part of data collection we would like to be able obtain the amount of time spent looking at each image in the output file but I haven't been able to reach a solution.

Is this something that's possible with monkeylogic?
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Hello Ipremach,

It is possible but not trivial. I assume that you are using MultiTarget adapter for your timing script. MultiTarget is a combination of a number of WaitThenHold and SingleTarget adapters (in your case, since you have two images, each of them gets a WaitThenHold and SingleTarget adapter). Part of the SingleTarget adapter script determines whether the eye signal falls within its associated stimuli so that can be a starting point.

You will need to start off modifying SingleTarget by adding additional properties that keep track of the amount of time the eye signal is inside the stimuli associated, and also modify WaitThenHold and MultiTarget to allow this new property to be propagated up to your script. Then you can access and record that property within your own script.

This is as far as I know. Jaewon may have additional insight and a simpler solution to your problem.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #3 
See the 'task\runtime v2\14 preferential viewing' example. There are a few things you need to know about FixTimeAnalyzer, but it at least shows what you can do with ML.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.