Author   Comment   Page 5 of 6     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   Next
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #101 
Touch data are stored int he BHV file in the section called 'TouchSignal'. They were always stored there even before this change. Check line number 358 in BHV_write.m
pmlauro

Reply with quote  #102 
Hello everyone -

I'm designing a touchscreen-based task for human subjects, and was looking for recommendations for a capacitive touch screen to work with MonkeyLogic.

I saw the ELO Touch 1937L Accutouch recommended in a previous post in this thread, but I was wondering if there were any others worth considering.

Thanks!
Pete
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #103 
There are three touchscreens models that have been tested. 

1. 3M Microtouch MT7 
2. ELO Touch 1937L Accutouch

3. 3M model 98000321814, 15" VGA *CRT* display ( in use for eight years ).

A parallel thread on this subject:

http://forums.monkeylogic.org/post/touchscreen-models-7908510?pid=1291741388

pmlauro

Reply with quote  #104 
Hello,

Just tried setting up my new touch monitor (ELO 2794L) with the latest version of monkeyLogic (1.2.86) on MATLAB 2016a.

I have been trying to run the included touchscreen tasks (e.g. touch_forced_choice.m), but they consistently crash after a trial receives touch screen input. I am setting my TouchScreenX to (USB->DigitalInputStream->1) and TouchscreenY (USB->DigitalInputStream->2). I also am experimented with the Advanced->Enable Mouse/System Keys option.

I am still troubleshooting with Windows and hardware driver settings, but I wanted to make sure that my MonkeyLogic settings are correct.

Regardless, whenever I register a touch in the first trial, I receive the following error:

%start code
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Mouse acquisition has stopped.
<<<*** MonkeyLogic ***>>> Timing File Execution Error
Error using xglmex
The fullscreen device has lost focus and may not be presented

Error in xglflip (line 12)
xglmex (19, rhs1);

Error in mlvideo (line 89)
        xglflip(devicenum);

Error in touch_forced_choice_runtime>toggleobject (line 172)

Error in touch_forced_choice_runtime (line 30)

Error in monkeylogic (line 1132)
        TrialData = feval(timingfile, TaskObject, ScreenInfo, DaqInfo, MLConfig.EyeTransform, MLConfig.JoyTransform, BehavioralCodes, TrialRecord, trialtype);

Error in mlmenu (line 2323)
                monkeylogic(condfile, datafile, testflag);

<<<*** MonkeyLogic ***>>> Task Loop Execution Error
Error using xglmex
XGL has not been initialized

Error in xglshowcursor (line 12)
xglmex (29, rhs1, rhs2);

Error in mlvideo (line 257)
        xglshowcursor(devicenum, val);

Error in monkeylogic>error_escape (line 2184)
mlvideo('showcursor', ScreenInfo.Device, 1);

Error in monkeylogic (line 1143)
        error_escape(ScreenInfo, DaqInfo, fidbhv);

%end code
stremblay

Reply with quote  #105 
Hi Jaewon,

We tested the NIMH ML Nov 3rd version for speed when using a touchscreen and sampling eye data (MAtlab 2013b, 32-bit).

We were surprised to see that there are no adapters for the touchscreen included under the INput/Output submenu of NIMH ML. In fact, USB doesn't show up as an interface board.

Are touchscreen/USB adapters included in your version of ML? Is it a matter of using a  32-bit version of MAtlab?

Thanks!
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #106 
Hi stremblay,

Did you have to connect your touchscreen to a USB-type DAQ adapter? Or is your touchscreen directly plugged to a USB port? If the latter is the case, there is nothing you need to set up to use the touchscreen. USB itself is an interface, not a DAQ board. You should click on a checkbox option in the main GUI though, to keep its data in the BHV.
stremblay

Reply with quote  #107 
Hi Jaewon,

My touchscreen is plugged directly into a USB port of the PC.
I was used to add it to the I/O board in the previous version of ML. If I understand correctly, you are saying I simply don't need to do that anymore.

I will give it a try and let you know.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer.

best,
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #108 
Yes, you don't need to do anything, just like you don't need to do anything to use the mouse in Windows. However, please try with the new version I will upload tomorrow. There is an issue related to the movie objects that can crash MATLAB in the the previous NIMH ML. Even if your task does not use any movie, ML plays a movie during the initialization process, so this affects all users.
Wing

Reply with quote  #109 
Hi Jaewon,

I met the same problem with pmlauro, the program crashes after the first touch event, is it due to what you doubt as the movie objects?

And did you upload a modified version?I couldn't find the update[confused].

Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #110 
I am not responsible for the GitHub version and have no idea why such an error occurs.

If you want to try NIMH ML, the link is in the following post. It is not a stable version yet, although it is pretty close.

Wing

Reply with quote  #111 
Thank you Jaewon!

I tried the NIMH version, and found the first problem that the ML didn't detect the USB Interface board(which showed up in the Github version);

I'm wondering do i need to do some other setting?

BTW: My touchscreen is 3M M1700SS.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #112 
There is nothing you need to set for the touchscreen. USB itself is not a device. What is in the GitHub version is a sort of fake device.
胡文娟

Reply with quote  #113 
I am a new user of ML .I'll use touchscreen so try the NIMI version ,but there is the error .How can I solve it ?
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Revision : 05-2-2016 build 1.1.84
未定义变量 "logger" 或类 "logger.info"。

出错 mlmenu>chknewupdates (line 4266)
logger.info('mlmenu.m', sprintf('>>> Unable to check for MonkeyLogic updates (%s) <<<', ME.identifier))

出错 mlmenu (line 88)
chknewupdates(lastupdate);

出错 monkeylogic (line 37)
mlmenu;
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #114 
It would be best if you switched to the latest version of ML.

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/labs-at-nimh/research-areas/clinics-and-labs/ln/shn/monkeylogic/index.shtml
胡文娟

Reply with quote  #115 
I am very sorry , I haven't an account of that FTP server. How can I download it ?
Thank you for your help!
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #116 
You do not need an account on the ftp server, it is open to the public. If you are having trouble accessing it, trying using the Anonymous user name without any password.
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #117 
You do not need an account on the ftp server, it is open to the public. If you are having trouble accessing it, trying using the Anonymous user name without any password.
MR_Riley

Reply with quote  #118 
Has anyone tested the ELO 2094L model with NIMH MonkeyLogic 2? We're considering using it in our lab and I wanted to ensure that it's compatible before ordering.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #119 

I know people who use the ELO touchscreen fine with ML2, but I am not sure about the particular model of yours or whether it works okay on Win10. I asked someone who uses the ELO screen to comment on this.

Although the workaround I recently added should make any touchscreen work with ML2, it is the best if your touchscreen does not need to activate it. 3M's Microtouch series provide a so-called "legacy" driver which works well on Win10. I am not advertising particular products. They are just the touchscreens I have and tested myself.

胡文娟

Reply with quote  #120 
I use the ELO Accutouch/4-wire resistive 2216 fine with ML2 on Win7(64-bit) with Matlab R2011a. I have tested it on Win10 ,and there is some problem. so, I suggest you install OS win7.
>> monkeylogic

<<< MonkeyLogic >>> NIMH MonkeyLogic 2 (Dec 14, 2017 build 108)
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Operating System: Windows_NT
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Computer Name: SJTU-PC
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Logged in as SJTU
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Detected 8 "AMD64" processors
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Matlab version: 7.12.0.635 (R2011a)
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Found 2 video device(s)...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> NIMH daqtoolbox (May 4, 2017 build 51)
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> National Instruments 8.9 NI-DAQmx
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Found 2 DAQ adaptor(s), 2 board(s)
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #121 
The Dec 14 version works on Win10 with the "Run Message Loop" option on.
JoshA

Reply with quote  #122 
Just wondering if anyone has used a Wacom tablet (MobileStudio Pro) for a touchscreen? I am getting similar errors as previously reported when trying to run a touchscreen demo task (e.g. tracking.txt) on ML1. The crash occurs upon the initial touch of the screen.

Configuration:
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Revision : 05-23-2016 build 1.1.85
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Operating System: Windows_NT...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> *** JAVA Virtual Machine is Running ***
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Computer Name: D20150617...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Logged in as "aman0038"...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Detected 8 "x86" processors...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Matlab version: 8.6.0.267246 (R2015b)...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Approximate Matlab cycle rate is 1522 kHz
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Launching Menu...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Initialized Video Graphics interface...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Initialized Task Menu...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Initialized XGL - DirectX 9 fullscreen graphics layer for Matlab...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Touchscreen/Mouse Initialized.
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Found 2 video devices...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Initialized Video Menu...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Initialized Control-Screen Menu...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Gathering I/O board info (running ioscan.m)...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> DAQ Driver Version: National Instruments 15.1 NI-DAQmx
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> DAQ Toolbox Version: NIMH daqtoolbox (May 19, 2016 build 29)
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Found 4 I/O adaptors:
... 1) nidaq
... 2) parallel
... 3) winsound
... 4) USB (Universal Serial Bus)
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Warning: no duplicate DAQ boards found for Analog Input duplication...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Initialized I/O Menu...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Initialized drop-down menus...
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Ready.

ERROR:

<<<*** MonkeyLogic ***>>> Timing File Execution Error
Error using xglmex
The fullscreen device has lost focus and may not be presented

Error in xglflip (line 12)
xglmex (19, rhs1);

Error in mlvideo (line 89)
        xglflip(devicenum);

Error in tracking_runtime>toggleobject (line 485)

Error in tracking_runtime (line 127)

Error in monkeylogic (line 1132)
        TrialData = feval(timingfile, TaskObject, ScreenInfo, DaqInfo, MLConfig.EyeTransform, MLConfig.JoyTransform, BehavioralCodes, TrialRecord, trialtype);

<<<*** MonkeyLogic ***>>> Task Loop Execution Error
Error using xglmex
XGL has not been initialized

Error in xglshowcursor (line 12)
xglmex (29, rhs1, rhs2);

Error in mlvideo (line 210)
        xglshowcursor(devicenum, val);

Error in monkeylogic>error_escape (line 2184)
mlvideo('showcursor', ScreenInfo.Device, 1);

Error in monkeylogic (line 1143)
        error_escape(ScreenInfo, DaqInfo, fidbhv);

I thought I have previously had it working properly but it was a few months ago. And now when I got back to working on it, it no longer works. Possibly something to do with drivers within my Wacom tablet? Windows has pushed a few updates through recently. The tablet runs windows 10 (laptop runs Windows 7) but when plugged into my laptop (via display port cable and usb cable from the laptop into a single usb-c adapter into the tablet), the tablet will switch to a monitor and act as a second monitor and therefore I assume the tablets OS does not effect it.

Alternatively, I've tried running ML2. I don't see a good touchscreen demo task in the Dec 14 download. All seem to require eye tracking, which I don't do. Even when I assign eyetrack x/y to BNC AI simply as placeholders, when running virtually any of the demo tasks, my touchscreen cursor will only be along the left side of the screen (as seen on the experimenter's window). No matter where I touch the screen, the cursor appears to remain stuck on the left side of the screen. I've tried many different configurations within the Wacom tablet itself, to no avail, such as switching touch gestures from Wacom to Windows, changing screen resolution, changing refresh rate, etc. When I run the task in simulation mode, I can see my cursor move as I would expect it when manipulating the touchscreen. However, it appears to be relative to my laptop screen and not the touchscreen itself as I can move the cursor outside of the subject screen (as seen on the experimenter's window). But when I run the actual task, the cursor is again stuck to the left side of the screen (only seen on the experimenter's window).

Any suggestions? This may be a Wacom tablet issue...
JoshA

Reply with quote  #123 
Almost immediate follow-up/update to my previous post regarding trouchscreen errors using a Wacom tablet MobileStudio Pro. There were additional options for my wacom tablet that I had to configure in my laptop rather than directly in my Wacom tablet. Those changes are exactly those suggested previously by Jaewon here. I disabled the "Press and Hold" function in the tablet options from my laptop as suggested by Jaewon (even though there are similar options directly in the tablet - that did nothing to fix the issue). This rectified my errors in both ML1 and ML2. It appears that my Wacom tablet MobileStudio Pro is fully functional as a touchscreen. I have not tried using the pen for any tasks. There does still seem to be an issue with a high "Max Latency" which should not be a computer lag as my laptop has 32GB RAM. I will continue working on developing a reach-to-target task using this touchscreen as this will be for use with humans.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #124 
Hi JoshA,

I haven't used MobileStudio Pro, but, as far as I know, it is another Win10 computer that has its own CPU and video board, although it has an option to make it look like a secondary monitor. I don't know how it communicates with the host computer (your laptop) to exchange video and touchscreen input, but, to manage the experiment, both video and touch input need to be under the host computer's control.

During the touchscreen task, ML2 confines the cursor within the subject screen, which is why you see the cursor is stuck on one side of the control screen. But, if the subject screen is under the host computer's control, the cursor should move to the subject screen rather than be stuck at the control screen. So it seems that MobileStudio Pro controls its screen on its own.

In the simulation mode, the cursor is not confined and the touch input is processed via the control screen, so what you described about the cursor movement is all normal.

-----

Have you tried the new "Run Message Loop" option? It may help at least for the touch input, if the communication between your tablet and laptop is message-based.

I don't understand your description, "When I run the task in simulation mode, I can see my cursor move as I would expect it when manipulating the touchscreen. However, it appears to be relative to my laptop screen and not the touchscreen itself", but you may need to tell Windows which monitor is your touchscreen in the Tablet PC Settings. Opening the settings window is a little tricky in Win10. See the following link for the instructions.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/tablet-pc-settings-is-missing/b55ab19d-ee5a-4973-84c5-39aabd723d31?auth=1

-----

What mostly matters to ML's performance is CPU and video memory, not the system memory.

Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #125 
Also, just wanted to add that the reason you got the XGL error in Monkey Logic 1 is that you clicked outside the bounds of the touchscreen. This could simply happen if you click somewhere on another screen with your mouse.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.