Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 5     «   Prev   2   3   4   5
ryklin

Administrator
Reply with quote  #101 
Touch data are stored int he BHV file in the section called 'TouchSignal'. They were always stored there even before this change. Check line number 358 in BHV_write.m
pmlauro

Reply with quote  #102 
Hello everyone -

I'm designing a touchscreen-based task for human subjects, and was looking for recommendations for a capacitive touch screen to work with MonkeyLogic.

I saw the ELO Touch 1937L Accutouch recommended in a previous post in this thread, but I was wondering if there were any others worth considering.

Thanks!
Pete
ryklin

Administrator
Reply with quote  #103 
There are three touchscreens models that have been tested. 

1. 3M Microtouch MT7 
2. ELO Touch 1937L Accutouch

3. 3M model 98000321814, 15" VGA *CRT* display ( in use for eight years ).

A parallel thread on this subject:

http://forums.monkeylogic.org/post/touchscreen-models-7908510?pid=1291741388

pmlauro

Reply with quote  #104 
Hello,

Just tried setting up my new touch monitor (ELO 2794L) with the latest version of monkeyLogic (1.2.86) on MATLAB 2016a.

I have been trying to run the included touchscreen tasks (e.g. touch_forced_choice.m), but they consistently crash after a trial receives touch screen input. I am setting my TouchScreenX to (USB->DigitalInputStream->1) and TouchscreenY (USB->DigitalInputStream->2). I also am experimented with the Advanced->Enable Mouse/System Keys option.

I am still troubleshooting with Windows and hardware driver settings, but I wanted to make sure that my MonkeyLogic settings are correct.

Regardless, whenever I register a touch in the first trial, I receive the following error:

%start code
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Mouse acquisition has stopped.
<<<*** MonkeyLogic ***>>> Timing File Execution Error
Error using xglmex
The fullscreen device has lost focus and may not be presented

Error in xglflip (line 12)
xglmex (19, rhs1);

Error in mlvideo (line 89)
        xglflip(devicenum);

Error in touch_forced_choice_runtime>toggleobject (line 172)

Error in touch_forced_choice_runtime (line 30)

Error in monkeylogic (line 1132)
        TrialData = feval(timingfile, TaskObject, ScreenInfo, DaqInfo, MLConfig.EyeTransform, MLConfig.JoyTransform, BehavioralCodes, TrialRecord, trialtype);

Error in mlmenu (line 2323)
                monkeylogic(condfile, datafile, testflag);

<<<*** MonkeyLogic ***>>> Task Loop Execution Error
Error using xglmex
XGL has not been initialized

Error in xglshowcursor (line 12)
xglmex (29, rhs1, rhs2);

Error in mlvideo (line 257)
        xglshowcursor(devicenum, val);

Error in monkeylogic>error_escape (line 2184)
mlvideo('showcursor', ScreenInfo.Device, 1);

Error in monkeylogic (line 1143)
        error_escape(ScreenInfo, DaqInfo, fidbhv);

Error in mlmenu (line 2323)
                monkeylogic(condfile, datafile, testflag);

%end code
stremblay

Reply with quote  #105 
Hi Jaewon,

We tested the NIMH ML Nov 3rd version for speed when using a touchscreen and sampling eye data (MAtlab 2013b, 32-bit).

We were surprised to see that there are no adapters for the touchscreen included under the INput/Output submenu of NIMH ML. In fact, USB doesn't show up as an interface board.

Are touchscreen/USB adapters included in your version of ML? Is it a matter of using a  32-bit version of MAtlab?

Thanks!
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #106 
Hi stremblay,

Did you have to connect your touchscreen to a USB-type DAQ adapter? Or is your touchscreen directly plugged to a USB port? If the latter is the case, there is nothing you need to set up to use the touchscreen. USB itself is an interface, not a DAQ board. You should click on a checkbox option in the main GUI though, to keep its data in the BHV.
stremblay

Reply with quote  #107 
Hi Jaewon,

My touchscreen is plugged directly into a USB port of the PC.
I was used to add it to the I/O board in the previous version of ML. If I understand correctly, you are saying I simply don't need to do that anymore.

I will give it a try and let you know.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer.

best,
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #108 
Yes, you don't need to do anything, just like you don't need to do anything to use the mouse in Windows. However, please try with the new version I will upload tomorrow. There is an issue related to the movie objects that can crash MATLAB in the the previous NIMH ML. Even if your task does not use any movie, ML plays a movie during the initialization process, so this affects all users.
Wing

Reply with quote  #109 
Hi Jaewon,

I met the same problem with pmlauro, the program crashes after the first touch event, is it due to what you doubt as the movie objects?

And did you upload a modified version?I couldn't find the update[confused].

Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #110 
I am not responsible for the GitHub version and have no idea why such an error occurs.

If you want to try NIMH ML, the link is in the following post. It is not a stable version yet, although it is pretty close.

http://forums.monkeylogic.org/post/nimh-monkeylogic-8118700?pid=1294118787
Wing

Reply with quote  #111 
Thank you Jaewon!

I tried the NIMH version, and found the first problem that the ML didn't detect the USB Interface board(which showed up in the Github version);

I'm wondering do i need to do some other setting?

BTW: My touchscreen is 3M M1700SS.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #112 
There is nothing you need to set for the touchscreen. USB itself is not a device. What is in the GitHub version is a sort of fake device.
胡文娟

Reply with quote  #113 
I am a new user of ML .I'll use touchscreen so try the NIMI version ,but there is the error .How can I solve it ?
<<< MonkeyLogic >>> Revision : 05-2-2016 build 1.1.84
未定义变量 "logger" 或类 "logger.info"。

出错 mlmenu>chknewupdates (line 4266)
logger.info('mlmenu.m', sprintf('>>> Unable to check for MonkeyLogic updates (%s) <<<', ME.identifier))

出错 mlmenu (line 88)
chknewupdates(lastupdate);

出错 monkeylogic (line 37)
mlmenu;
ryklin

Administrator
Reply with quote  #114 
It would be best if you switched to the latest version of ML.

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/labs-at-nimh/research-areas/clinics-and-labs/ln/shn/monkeylogic/index.shtml
胡文娟

Reply with quote  #115 
I am very sorry , I haven't an account of that FTP server. How can I download it ?
Thank you for your help!
ryklin

Administrator
Reply with quote  #116 
You do not need an account on the ftp server, it is open to the public. If you are having trouble accessing it, trying using the Anonymous user name without any password.
ryklin

Administrator
Reply with quote  #117 
You do not need an account on the ftp server, it is open to the public. If you are having trouble accessing it, trying using the Anonymous user name without any password.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.