Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
NWK

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi expert, I have run a task in which a picture was presented successively in the midde, left,right,up and bottom part of the screen for 5 secs respectively. My time script reads like this:
=======================================
% (timing script)
center = 1 ;
left = 2;
right =3;
up = 4;
down =5;

% fixation window (in degrees):
fix_radius = 2;

% TASK:
% initial fixation:
toggleobject(center,'status','on');
pause(5);

toggleobject(center,'status','off');
toggleobject(left,'status','on');
pause(5);

toggleobject(left,'status','off');
toggleobject(right,'status','on');
pause(5);

toggleobject(right,'status','off');
toggleobject(up,'status','on');
pause(5);

toggleobject(up,'status','off');
toggleobject(down,'status','on');
pause(5);

trialerror(0);
toggleobject(down,'status','off');
================================
and my conditon file like this:
Condition    Frequency    Block    Timing File    TaskObject#1    TaskObject#2    TaskObject#3  TaskObject#4    TaskObject#5        
1        1        1     calib        pic(C,0,0)    pic(C,-10,0)    pic(C,10,0)    pic(C,0,10)    pic(C,0,-10)
The task can only be run for just one trial and an error  occured in the attached picture.
Any suggestions? Thanks.

20171207220608.jpg 

maloman

Reply with quote  #2 
Could you post the entire trial file?
And could you post the converted runtime file please.

Kind regards

Jan
NWK

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by maloman
Could you post the entire trial file?
And could you post the converted runtime file please.

Kind regards

Jan

Thanks for your reply. But the runtime file is just so long that I can't paste it in this thread. Which part in that file may be the concern? Thanks.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
It is because you didn't call eyejoytrack() at all. The solution is here.

http://forums.monkeylogic.org/post/trialdata-or-cycle-rate-problem-8050986?pid=1291727583

Is there a reason you have to stick to this original ML? Otherwise, you had better switch to ML2.

Two more things. To get a better result in terms of timing, you may want to turn on one stimulus and turn off the other at the same time. For example, in your second toggleobject() call, you can turn off 'center' and turn on 'left' simultaneously, like this.

toggleobject([center left]);

pause() is not accurate itself and affects the performance of subsequent commands. Try this instead.

tic; while toc<5, end

ML2 automatically replaces pause() with the right command, but the original ML doesn't.
NWK

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaewon
It is because you didn't call eyejoytrack() at all. The solution is here.

http://forums.monkeylogic.org/post/trialdata-or-cycle-rate-problem-8050986?pid=1291727583

Is there a reason you have to stick to this original ML? Otherwise, you had better switch to ML2.

Two more things. To get a better result in terms of timing, you may want to turn on one stimulus and turn off the other at the same time. For example, in your second toggleobject() call, you can turn off 'center' and turn on 'left' simultaneously, like this.

toggleobject([center left]);

pause() is not accurate itself and affects the performance of subsequent commands. Try this instead.

tic; while toc<5, end

ML2 automatically replaces pause() with the right command, but the original ML doesn't.

Thank you VERY VERY much, Professor Jaewon.^_^. Right now the original version is just ok for my task so I will try ML2 later. Thanks again for your recomendations.
Best Regards.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.