Author   Comment  
Meizhen

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello,

I am trying to replace the pics in the LBC-fMRI demo in runtime v2 with some other stims generated by matlab or psychtoolbox like gratings or radom dots. But I could not just replace the bmp pics with m file, for the file format can not be read [imread>get_format_info (line 491)]. How can I use the pattern of LBC-fMRI demo with some more various and flexible stims? 

Thanks.
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
The bmp pics are one type of TaskObject. ML supports certain types of TaskObjects. You need to convert your stims to those type of TaskObjects before they can be used in ML.

TaskObject details can be referenced at {ML 2 Install Location}/doc/taskobjects.html. If you downloaded the NIMH Matlab app, the NIMH Install location is in Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Apps\NIMHMonkeyLogic2
Meizhen

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the quick reply. I opened the taskobject.html, it just showed this: 
<`tml <head< <title="">NIMH ML: T├ísk_bzMcts
But I remembered  elsewhere I saw some instructions saying that the format had to be avi, bmp et al. Ok. I just have to convert the formats...
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
In addition to using the right format, you also need to use the appropriate syntax in the condition file to load the stimuli. The syntax of a movie stimuli is different from that of an image stimuli.

You should be able to open taskobject.html in a web browser.
Meizhen

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks for the notice, yes I can open the taskobject now, and actually it supports some matlab function (gen_function). I just need to know how to put them in the right way~  
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
Hi Meizhen,

See the example task, 'task\runtime v1\6 grating'. It is under the task directory of the ML installation path.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.