Author   Comment  
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all,

I have a poster presentation on Monday morning (325.01, DDD14). My poster is not about ML this year, but you can come by if you have ML issues to discuss.

I am currently working on video capturing in ML. It is almost done, but I didn't figure out yet the best way to handle huge video data. Please let me know if you are interested in video capture or have any suggestion.
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Hey Jaewon,

I have done a few projects in matlab before. I also have some experience with mex files. I'd be interested to learn more about your upcoming video capturing feature in more technical details. 
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #3 
Video capturing itself is not a problem and is finished already. The problem is that, with video capturing, the size of data produced per hour is tens of gigabytes, instead of tens of megabytes. I am trying to reduce it to the level that we can practically handle.
Edward

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
Hmm, if you need to compress the data from tens of gigabytes down to tens of megabytes (0.1% compression), then in addition to saving the video in lower quality compressed format, it will be necessary to skip quite a few non important frames. Does the captured video have any characteristics that can be used to throw away, say 90% of the captured frames?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.