Author   Comment  
IsabelV

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everyone.

I have a task with 6 "scenes". Performance should only be updated if the last scene is reached, not otherwise.

I am sending trialerror(4) and trialerror(3) in the last scene if fixation is not reached or broken at that stage, and trialerror(0) when this scene is successfully completed.

However, for the trials in which scenes 1 to 5 are not successfully completed, I would like to skip the performance update. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you very much.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Just assign a different code for the incomplete trials, like trialerror(9).
IsabelV

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Jaewon.
I assigned trialerror(9) and also tried with trialerror(8), for scenes 1 to 5 that are not successfully completed.
Performance is still updating when the trial is "aborted or ignored".

For instance, I ran a first round of trials with successful scenes, and performance was 100%.
Then I ran a second round of trials in which scene 1 was not successful, and performance went down to 50%. It keeps going down, as if the performance calculation still includes the "aborted or ignored" trials.

Is there a way to see how is the performance calculated in ML? 
Thank you very much.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
I didn't mean that you could stop updating the performance bars with that. If you assign a different number, you can screen them out easily when you analyze the data later.

If you need different performance measures, just calculate them yourself and display as a user text or a reaction time plot.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.