Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
NWK

Reply with quote  #1 
hi,when only one PCI 6229 card is available,is there any possible solutions to achieve kHz sampling rate just like when two cards used ?
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
What is your Windows version? I have a solution, if you are using Win7.
NWK

Reply with quote  #3 
My window version is win7 also.Could you please tell me how to do this? Thank you very much.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
There is a new DAQ toolbox that I developed. Unlike MATLAB DAQ Toolbox, my toolbox allows you to read the latest samples during continuous acquisition so that you can keep up with 1 kHz sampling. You can download the package from the following link.

Setup instructions are in the zip file (see readme.txt). This package also lets you run MonkeyLogic on 64-bit MATLAB. If you have any question about the toolbox, you can ask me.

By the way, I provide you this toolbox without any warranty, although I can help you if you encounter problems in using it. It is your responsibility to determine whether this toolbox suits your purpose. There are some benchmark scripts included that may be helpful to figuring it out.
NWK

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaewon
There is a new DAQ toolbox that I developed. Unlike MATLAB DAQ Toolbox, my toolbox allows you to read the latest samples during continuous acquisition so that you can keep up with 1 kHz sampling. You can download the package from the following link. (This board does not allow a space in the link. Copy and paste the whole line to the address bar of your browser.)

Setup instructions are in the zip file (see readme.txt). This package also lets you run MonkeyLogic on 64-bit MATLAB. If you have any question about the toolbox, you can ask me.

By the way, I provide you this toolbox without any warranty, although I can help you if you encounter problems in using it. It is your responsibility to determine whether this toolbox suits your purpose. There are some benchmark scripts included that may be helpful to figuring it out.
Thank you very much!I 'm ready to have a try :-)
ryklin

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
I just finished testing this release out. As earlier pre-release versions that I worked with, the Feb 29, 2016 release seems to work fine on Windows 7. It is now included as part of my GitHub distribution as well. 

NWK

Reply with quote  #7 
Thank you very much:-)
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #8 
Since NWK wants to do 1 kHz behavior monitoring with one board, "seems to work fine" is not good enough. You should check the performance of your system with a proper test. There is a script that I included in the package.

\daqtoolbox\examples\benchmark\benchmark_getsample_during_continuous_acquisition.m

Run that script and see 1) if GETSAMPLE runs fast enough (should be way faster than 2k) and 2) if the acquired samples actually change every millisecond, as shown in the next figure. (I plotted samples from two channels, but the script plots only one channel. Modify Line 30 like "n = n(1:c,:);", if you want to plot both channels.)

NIMH.png 

If you run the same script with MATLAB DAQ Toolbox (32-bit), it will look like this.

MATLAB.png

Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #9 
How did it work in your setup, NWK?
NWK

Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
How did it work in your setup, NWK?
The paltform is being set up rigt now.I will tell you the performance as soon as I finish.Thanks for your asking:-)

Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #11 
Hi NWK,

If you haven't tested the earlier package yet, please try this one.

I fixed a compatibility issue with old MATLAB versions. It also works with Win10. You may need to install the VC2013 redistributable package. See readme.txt in the zip file.
ryklin

Administrator
Reply with quote  #12 
Confirming that March 11, 2016 NIMH daq toolbox works correctly on Windows 10 and Windows 7. Will follow up with performance results.

NWK

Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Hi NWK,

If you haven't tested the earlier package yet, please try this one.

I fixed a compatibility issue with old MATLAB versions. It also works with Win10. You may need to install the VC2013 redistributable package. See readme.txt in the zip file.

Hi~~When I run the benchmark_getsample_during_continuous_acquisition.m on matlab2014a 64bit,win7,it said that the Legacy Interface cannot work on the current platform.Can you please change that file into session based interface?Thank you:-)
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #14 
See readme.txt in the zip file and install my toolbox first. You cannot run the script with MATLAB's DAQ Toolbox on 64-bit MATLAB. The purpose of my toolbox is to extend legacy interface to 64-bit MATLAB so that you don't need to re-write the code with the session interface.
NWK

Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
See readme.txt in the zip file and install my toolbox first. You cannot run the script with MATLAB's DAQ Toolbox on 64-bit MATLAB. The purpose of my toolbox is to extend legacy interface to 64-bit MATLAB so that you don't need to re-write the code with the session interface.
Hi~~I did as you told me,but the file  benchmark_getsample_during_continuous_acquisition still can't run as an error occured like this "Invalid MEX-file 'D:\NIMH_daqtoolbox_(Mar-11-2016)\daqtoolbox\daqmex.mexw64 could not find the specified module".Do you know how to solve it?Thanks
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #16 
Did you install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2013? If you use 64-bit MATLAB, you need to install 64-bit Redistributable.
NWK

Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Did you install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2013? If you use 64-bit MATLAB, you need to install 64-bit Redistributable.
Yes,I installed that.Its ridiculous.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #18 

What is the version number of your NI-DAQmx? You can check it from NI MAX (Measurement & Automation Explorer). On the left panel, expand [Software] and find an entry, [NI-DAQmx Device Driver].

Update: I deleted the version number part, since now my toolbox works with all NI-DAQmx versions.

NWK

Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
What is the version number of your NI-DAQmx? You can check it from NI MAX (Measurement & Automation Explorer). On the left panel, expand [Software] and find an entry, [NI-DAQmx Device Driver].

Edit: To support all Windows (from Win7 to Win10) with one binary, NI-DAQmx 15.1 or later is required. If you are using an earlier version, please upgrade it to the latest one.
My NI-DAQmx is the latest,sir.

Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #20 
Thank you so much for the feedback, NWK. In that case, would you overwrite some of the files you installed with the ones in the zip file attached to this post? It would be a great help if you can test this.

Edit: I just built a new package. It is a patch for another problem but also fixes the problem you experienced too.
NWK

Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Thank you so much for the feedback, NWK. In that case, would you overwrite some of the files you installed with the ones in the zip file attached to this post? It would be a great help if you can test this.

Edit: I just built a new package. It is a patch for another problem but also fixes the problem you experienced too.
Sir, I 've just tested the latest package but the same error remains...
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #22 
Thank you so much for testing it. Now this is an unusual case, so I need to know a little more about your computer. I will send you the details via Private Messages.

Edit: I just sent you a private message. Please check it. Thanks.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #23 
I asked NWK to post his reply to this thread but I guess he is busy. His problem was that NI-DAQmx was not installed properly. The following is the message he sent to me.

Quote:
Hi Jaewon, my DAQmx version is 15.0. You know what, I 've just re-installed that NI-DAQmx,and finally it works! As the attached pictures show.Thank you very much and I awe you my sincerest gratitude!

[image]

[image]

Jack_23

Reply with quote  #24 
I want to record eye position analog signals only in Plexon, not locally in BHV file. MonkeyLogic only uses eye position analog signals in real-time for eye position monitoring, while not sample these analog signals at a fixed rate. Is this possible? Thank you.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #25 
To monitor eye positions in real-time, ML needs to sample those analog signals at a fixed rate. You can modify the code so that the collected samples may not be saved in the data file, but then you won't be able to replay the file. It is your choice.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.