Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
castiel

Reply with quote  #1 
20171210_154952.jpg  20171210_155017.jpg Hello, handsome guys, there are two questions here, and i don't know how to solve them although i have tried my best...Please help me, and thanks a lot !

So the first question is that: Why it have no reaction time data in figure1, how can i get it and let it show on this figure?

the second question is that  : Is the ITI could just be a fixed value in the Oculomotor delayed response task? I wonder how to change it as a randomized one?

That's all and thanks for your attentions

W F Asaad

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Perhaps Jaewon could comment if things are different in ML2, but in ML1 the RT must be assigned as the second output of the eyejoytrack function, e.g., [success, rt] = eyejoytrack....  For a random ITI, just insert a random "idle" time at the beginning of the timing file, so that the total ITI = fixed (in menu) plus this random time.
castiel

Reply with quote  #3 
Okay, thank you so much !!!! i will try your ways, and here is another question, in the first figure, i click on video play button, and it works normally, but after i saved the videos of each trail as AVI to my computer, i use window media player to play them, but these saved videos just show me the dark all the time, i can't see anything in these video but just the dark screen......and if i get the right saved video, how can i get the Gaze route? thanks for your help so much[biggrin]
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
Hi castiel,

I guess you are new to ML. To make the reaction time graph generated, you need to assign some number to a variable, 'rt', during each trial. To change ITI as you want, call the set_iti() function. Please refer to the following online manual.

http://www.brown.edu/Research/monkeylogic/timingscripts.html#eyejoytrack
http://www.brown.edu/Research/monkeylogic/timingscripts.html#set_iti

The behavior of ML2 is identical to that of ML1 on those two matters.

If you could replay trials normally in mlplayer and didn't see any error during export, it is likely to be a problem of playback. Try again after installing some codecs. I use the following codec pack. If there is still a problem after installing codecs, please send me the data file so that I can test myself.

https://www.codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_mega.htm

To retrieve the gaze trace for offline analysis, read the data file with the following command.

data = mlread;
or
data = mlread(filepath);

The eye traces are saved under the AnalogData.Eye field.
castiel

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaewon
Hi castiel,

I guess you are new to ML. To make the reaction time graph generated, you need to assign some number to a variable, 'rt', during each trial. To change ITI as you want, call the set_iti() function. Please refer to the following online manual.

http://www.brown.edu/Research/monkeylogic/timingscripts.html#eyejoytrack
http://www.brown.edu/Research/monkeylogic/timingscripts.html#set_iti

The behavior of ML2 is identical to that of ML1 on those two matters.

If you could replay trials normally in mlplayer and didn't see any error during export, it is likely to be a problem of playback. Try again after installing some codecs. I use the following codec pack. If there is still a problem after installing codecs, please send me the data file so that I can test myself.

https://www.codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_mega.htm

To retrieve the gaze trace for offline analysis, read the data file with the following command.

data = mlread;
or
data = mlread(filepath);

The eye traces are saved under the AnalogData.Eye field.

HI Jaewon, I'm castiel and thanks for your reply, sorry for my late message back, i got a little busy here..  yes, i'm new to ML, I'm from China, studing neurobiology and my english is not very good so please bear with me :-)     As your way, i have already solved the problem of ITI and Reaction time.( haha, i used a short code by deleting “rt", so i can't acquire this reaction time date...) , but i still cannot figure out what's wrong with the video play after i installed the full codecs, and i have tried to use this code:"[analogdata frq] = get_analog_data(signalduration)" ,but it didn't work, and i can't find any files relevent with the AnalogData.Eye field, so i can't get my trace data.  so can you please help me by using some example like DMS task, sorry about that i have little knowledge about programming...[frown] . Here are my data file and task example you can check it, at last, Thank you for all your assistance. 

Attached Files
zip data file and task.zip (3.50 MB, 1 views)

Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
Hi castiel,

There are unrecognizable characters in your file paths. Did you use Chinese letters to name your folder? Unicode support in MATLAB is horrible. Please use pure ASCII characters only, until I find a proper way to solve this problem.
castiel

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Hi castiel,

There are unrecognizable characters in your file paths. Did you use Chinese letters to name your folder? Unicode support in MATLAB is horrible. Please use pure ASCII characters only, until I find a proper way to solve this problem.

Hello Jaewon

I tried to name it with Pure ASCII, but the eyetrace code still didn't work......these days i'm training a monkey and he learns well, but unfortunately, i can't get the eyetrace. Do you have skype or some other communication ways? I wish to know you, Big master [smile]

Thank you very much
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #8 
Unfortunately I don't have a headset to use with Skype.

When I looked into the files you sent, mlread failed because MATLAB did not recognize your path strings and reported their lengths incorrectly. I don't know what you mean by the "eyetrace code", but get_analog_data is not what you want. Read the data file with mlread as I showed above, after finishing the task.

-----

If you have a new data file that you got after renaming the folder with ASCII, please send it to me.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #9 
Hi castiel,

I need more information. What is the version of your MATLAB? Is your Windows the localized Chinese version?

And can you post the output after running the following MATLAB code?

feature('DefaultCharacterSet')
get(0, 'Language')
castiel

Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Hi castiel,

I need more information. What is the version of your MATLAB? Is your Windows the localized Chinese version?

And can you post the output after running the following MATLAB code?

feature('DefaultCharacterSet')
get(0, 'Language')

Hi Jaewon

!!!! You are the best foreign man i have ever seen, Please bear with my delayed reply, I've been on a business trip for two days, so didn't answer you, so so sorry, and iwill back to the Lab tomorrow, and i will send to you all the informations and my newest task and data file , So sorry for letting you wait such a long time. BTW, my monkey had done a great job in the training thanks to you, [biggrin] 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.