Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 6 of 6     «   Prev   3   4   5   6
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #126 
I thought you might be using the photodiode trigger and the video confirms that you are. Your code is fine. It is just ML2 that has changed. I made the change a month ago to keep the last scenes of movies during ITI, but I guess it was not a right decision.

If the photodiode trigger is used, ML2 flips the screen one more time at the end of a trial, in order to make it sure that the trigger color becomes black for the next trial. When this occurs, the last frame shown on the screen is switched with the second to the last frame hidden in the backscreen. ML2 used to clear and redraw this second to the last frame before swapping, but there are some cases that the redrawn frame is not the same as the last frame and therefore a unwanted scene is shown during ITI.

There are many possible scenario to consider, to decide which is better between clearing the second to the last frame and not clearing. But now I think keeping compatibility with the tasks like yours is more important, since the case I tried to address is unusual.

-----

I updated the package.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #127 
* Changes in NIMH MonkeyLogic 2 (Dec 1, 2017)

- A typo in Line 70 of run_time.m that stopped the latency test & IO test is
   fixed. (Thanks to aboharbf from ML forum)

+ Functions that simulate Stimulation and TTL are included. They replace the
   output channels/ports during the simulation mode, but do not send out actual
   signals. May not work in all cases.
crponce

Reply with quote  #128 
That worked! Thanks, Jaewon. 
胡文娟

Reply with quote  #129 
Hi Jaewon,
I encounter a problem about touchscreen . During the trial,the touchscreen need to hold pressing all the time, and it detects the touchscreen position.If not, it detects the mouse position.
Is there a way to disable the mouse or the controlscreen during the trial?
I use the win10 and matlab r2011a.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #130 
Sorry, 胡文娟. I don't understand what the problem is. What are you trying to do? Can you explain the details?
胡文娟

Reply with quote  #131 
Hi Jaewon,
I used to run the ML2 ok on the win7 .But ,now I upgrade my operating system to win10,and encounter the problem.
If I want to use the " eyejoytrack('touchtarget', object_number, threshold, duration)" to detect the touchscreen(subjectscreen) touchpoint-position ,I must hold touching the touchscreen before the trial begining without releasing during the trial. Once I release the touchscreen the DAQ detect the mouse(controlscreen) position.And I touch the touchscreen again during the trial, it still detect the mouse position but not the touchscreen touchpoint-position.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #132 
Thanks for the information. Your description sounds a bit different, but I am aware of the problem.

For those touchscreens that use Windows's native touch driver, supporting touch input in ML2 became a nasty business. Somehow "tap-to-click" is disabled in Windows 10's native touch driver, possibly for the gesture support. For some touchscreens, the manufacturers provide their own drivers that can prevent this problem or my tip posted here helps.

The only way to fix this is to process Windows messages and get the touch status from there, according to my research. However, the Windows message loop is intentionally blocked in ML2 during trials, to ensure the accurate timing. I think maybe we can selectively enable the message loop only when users chooses to use the touch input, but this needs lots of tests.

All touchscreen models we have at where I work are 3M's products and they work fine with Windows 10, which is the reason I couldn't test this myself. But I recently got a Windows tablet that shows this symptom, so I will work on this when time permits.
胡文娟

Reply with quote  #133 
Thank you for your anwser. I got it.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #134 
* Changes in NIMH MonkeyLogic 2 (Dec 14, 2017)

+ Now ML2 supports Ethernet links for Arrington ViewPoint Eye Tracker & SR
   Research EyeLink series. To enable the Ethernet link, go to the "Non-DAQ
   Devices Settings" on the ML menu and choose one in the "TCP/IP Eye Tracker".
   Non-DAQ devices have priority over DAQ devices, when they both are set in
   the Input/Output menu.

nondaq.png   nondaq2.png   

+ Touchscreens that use Windows's native driver can be supported now. To
   enable this feature, go to the "Non-DAQ Devices Settings" on the ML menu and
   check on "Touchscreen". It will activate a side menu, "Run Message Loop".
   Then, check on that side menu, too. Although this will fix the previously
   reported problem, you should not turn on this "Run Message Loop" option, if
   your touchscreen works fine without it.

- The problem that SingleTarget's Success becomes empty when there is no input
   data is fixed.

NIMH ML 2 is not based on the old ML code and completely re-written from scratch in the OOP style. The biggest changes are the UI and the data file format. There are some other changes that may make your existing timing codes incompatible. For example, you cannot add new fields to the TrialRecord structure directly and have to move them under TrialRecord.User. For other details, please see doc\NIMH MonkeyLogic 2.pptx in the package.

ftp://helix.nih.gov/lsn/monkeylogic/NIMH_MonkeyLogic_2_(Dec-14-2017).mlappinstall

ftp://helix.nih.gov/lsn/monkeylogic/NIMH_MonkeyLogic_2_(Dec-14-2017).zip

This is a test version and some of the features may change before being released as a stable version. Use it for testing if your task will be compatible with the future releases.

Attached Files
zip NIMH_MonkeyLogic_2_(Dec-14-2017).zip (28.54 MB, 4 views)

Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #135 
There is one thing for you to know when you try EyeLink's Ethernet connection. If the attempt to connect to the EyeLink server fails for any reason, the EyeLink DLL pops up an error message window about 2 sec later.

eyelink_error.png 

This window is a modal dialog, meaning that the whole program stops until you click the button on it. A problem is that this window does not always show up above other windows and therefore makes ML look frozen sometimes. Unfortunately this pop-up window is built in the EyeLink DLL and there is no documented way to turn it off. So you just have to find it and close it when it shows up.

-----

I learned how to suppress that annoying popup from an SR Research guy. If you downloaded the package before you saw this, please download again. I didn't change the version of the package.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.