Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 6      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #76 
See the picture attached below. To select multiple ports in Step 4, you can hold the click and drag (or CTRL + click). The trick to choose multiple lines in Step 6 is the same.

reward.png

kms

Reply with quote  #77 
Yes, I had tried selecting multiple ports as you described in Step 4 (as we do for assigning behavioral codes as well) but for some reason, only one port could be selected at a time. It might be a bug specific to my system, you think? I am using the Aug 25 version and could assign behavioral codes just fine. I could try Sep 20 version and check.

Thank you.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #78 
Make it sure that 'DigitalIO' is selected in Step 3. 'Reward' and 'Behavioral Codes' share the exactly same code, so there is no reason that one works and the other doesn't. The only difference is that AnalogOutput is not an option for Behavioral Codes.

Nothing has changed in the I/O menu for a while, but you should update to the new version anyway, so please try Sep 20 and let me know.
kms

Reply with quote  #79 
Thank you, Jaewon. I tried the new Sept 20 version and realized that I am able assign multiple ports to Reward on the main menu when there is no conditions file loaded on to ML. Once the conditions file is loaded, the same problem appears.

Since I am using a conditions file that used to work well with NIMH ML 1, does something need to change for it to work with the new versions of NIMH ML 2? Thanks.

Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #80 
It should work whether a conditions file is loaded or not. Your cfg2 file may be broken. Why don't you remove (or rename) the *_cfg2.mat file and try again?
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #81 
* Changes in NIMH MonkeyLogic 2 (Sep 22, 2017)

+ A new trialholder (a.k.a. runtime) is added. This new trialholder provides a
   way to detect complex behaviors and control dynamic visual stimuli. See the
   example tasks included (dms with new runtime, random dot motion and timer
   demo). Detailed documentation will be added later. Data files created by the
   new runtime cannot be replayed with mlplayer yet.
kms

Reply with quote  #82 
Thanks, Jaewon! I generated a new .cfg2 file and it is working well now.

Two other questions:

1) my condition file that uses 'pic' is not displaying the images. It could be because of the absence of a 'colorkey' argument. I did not understand what that (a transparent color for pics) is for?

2) is there an alternative to "generate_condition" to automatize generation of condition text files in NIMH ML 2?

Many thanks!
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #83 
* Changes in NIMH MonkeyLogic 2 (Sep 25, 2017)

+ A new example task (shapes) that demonstrates how to draw arbitrary-shaped
   stimuli is added.

- Minor fixes
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #84 
Hi kms,

Colorkey is the background color that you want to make transparent. Since it is optional, it shouldn't matter whether you provide the value or not. If you didn't see an error message that the image file doesn't exist, try to put it in the center of the screen, to make it sure that it is not presented outside the screen. You can always test in the main menu whether the image is compatible.

The syntax of the conditions file has not been changed, so, if you need generate_condition.m, just copy it from the old version.
kms

Reply with quote  #85 
Thank you, Jaewon. The generate_condition from the old version worked fine.

I am still having trouble with my 'pic' images (jpeg) showing up on the screen. They are coded so as to be presented in the center but are not presented at all. There are no error msgs as well. When I clicked the test button on the main menu, it presented the first graphic object in the trial on the subject screen which was a crc. How can I test the pic compatibility using the option?

Thanks.

Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #86 
So you don't even see the pic image in the stimulus list of the main menu, when you load the conditions file? It looks like a failure in reading the conditions file. Can you send your conditions file and the image to me?
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #87 
Hi kms,

I received your files and figured out the cause.

pic(21_SG,0.000,0.000,0.500,0.500,[1.000 1.000 1.000 ])

You put 0.5 in the width and height arguments (the 4th and 5th). Unfortunately the unit of the width and the height is pixels, not visual angles. See the following link.

http://www.brown.edu/Research/monkeylogic/conditionsfiles.html#arguments

So your image is being displayed, but it just looks like a small dot. I suggest not using optional arguments unless they are necessary.

FYI, you probably saw the stimulus list as below. [1 x 1] next to the filename means that it will be displayed as a 1 pixel x 1 pixel image.

stimlist.png 

kms

Reply with quote  #88 
Thank you, Jaewon! That solved the problem! Strange that the pics had displayed fine in the NIMH ML 1 versions using the same conditions file.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #89 
I don't think I ever made it work in NIMH ML 1. The size arguments are just ignored in NIMH ML 1.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #90 
* Changes in NIMH MonkeyLogic 2 (Sep 27, 2017)

- There was a mistake in sorting the screen device order, so the fix related
   to the main menu position was not working perfectly. Now it is patched.

- get_movie_duration() was retuning the number in seconds. Now it returns the
   length in milliseconds.
kms

Reply with quote  #91 
Hi Jaewon, 

I have a question about accessing the condition info of a particular trial (InfoByCond in the bhv file format) offline from the bhv2 file. It seems that the TrialRecord output of the function mlread has only the CurrentConditionInfo (corresponding to the last trial in the block) saved in it. Is that right?

Thanks.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #92 
Hi kms,

TrialRecord is saved just once at the end of the task for redrawing the userplot in the behavioralsummary. Since its size keeps growing during the task and most of its information is saved in the other fields of the data file, I haven't consider saving it every trial.

Although we can retrieve CurrentConditionInfo from the conditions file and the condition number, I recently realized that we may need it in the data file to reconstruct the GEN stimuli. So I made it saved under TaskObject in the version I am working on. So you will be able to find it in the datafile saved with the future ML versions, but, for the data already collected, it just has to be retrieved from the conditions file. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know if there is any other task information that you think is necessary.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #93 
* Changes in NIMH MonkeyLogic 2 (Oct 12, 2017)

+ mlplayer can replay datafiles created with the new trialholder (v2).

+ Better handling of skipped frames for long movies

- Minor changes & fixes
ryklin

Administrator
Reply with quote  #94 
One of my favorite features of ML2 is that if you only have one computer screen, ML will automatically detect this and open a small stimulus window on your monitor. Users don't need to configure a single thing!
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #95 
* Changes in NIMH MonkeyLogic 2 (Oct 17, 2017)

+ The control screen backround is supposed to be blue only when the trial is
   running and gray otherwise. This works correctly now.

+ A new trialholder function, bhv_code, allows you to add BehavioralCode
   within the timing file.

bhv_code(code_number1, code_name1, code_number2, code_name2, ...);

- Fixed that mlplayer doesn't use the actual refresh rate and therefore
   replays trials incorrectly under a certain condition.
胡文娟

Reply with quote  #96 
hello ryklin,
I want to download this vision,and I have tried to login with the Anonymous user name ,but failed. It always refresh and show the login interface.
I am a chinese student. Is it related to the location of the download?
Thank you for your help !
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #97 
Hi 胡文娟,

What is your web browser? You can download just by clicking above links. And the anonymous FTP does not require a username to log in.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #98 
* Changes in NIMH MonkeyLogic 2 (Oct 20, 2017)

- The structure of the adapters (building blocks for creating scenes in
   trialholder_v2) is straightened out for unified interface.
胡文娟

Reply with quote  #99 
I tried to download with IE(Internet Explore) browser and google browser, but fialed.
can you send the .zip file to me by e-mail?
Thank you for your help!
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #100 
Hi 胡文娟,

I cannot attach a zip file. Try Firefox. I know some IE versions have a problem because of Windows' security features, but I use FF and it works fine. I haven't tried Chrome.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.