Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
aboharbf

Reply with quote  #1 
Hey Everyone

Looking for a bit of advice on a way to do the following -

We need to have each condition type be associated w/ an event markers, and sent to the data collection system. This will make later analysis easier and is seen as essential by the person I'm working with. Is there a standard way of accomplishing this aside from writing If-then statements where each condition is checked for and subsequently event-markers are created for every single condition? Is there a better way to do this? Thanks a lot.
ryklin

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
If you're looking for an automatic way to send digital output 'n' based on the condition number, to my knowledge at least, there is no automatic way. You will need to define event markers, create an if/then condition and then assign the appropriate even to the current condition in order to send the corresponding digital output number.

Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #3 
In my opinion, reading the Condition field from bhv (or bhv2) is much easier than decoding meaningless event markers, but, if your coworker insists, this is what I would do:

eventmarker(100+condition);

I use only two digit numbers for behavioral events, so, if I subtract 100 from any three digit marker, that is my condition number. There is no standard way of doing this, so it doesn't matter what range of numbers you use.
aboharbf

Reply with quote  #4 
That seems like a great solution Jaewon. I'll likely actually refer to an array of eventmarker values based on the condition number, then send that. Just so the stimuli and their markers make sense for later analysis. Thanks for the responses.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.