Author   Comment  
maloman

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all (especially Jaewon),

I was wondering if we could integrate event handling via zeroMQ into MonkeyLogic.
I have been using this in an old version of ML (pre NIMH shift) and and think it is a necessary extension for more seamless integration with open-ephys for example.

Let me unpack that: Open Ephys and other open source acquisition systems have a limited number of digital IO lines (or require you to purchase I/O expanders for further lines).

They do have network interfacing and the way I handled event alignment in the past is to just send one TTL pulse per event and send a network event with the full event information at the same time. Since the network events are not as precise as the TTLs I then realign the vector of network events with the TTL time stamps post hoc.

Now all of this works fine in ML but I currently hard code it and hack it into the source and it would be nice to just have a tab in the main interface for this. 

Would you be open for integrating this if I provided you with the code?

Kind regards

Jan
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
If I understand correctly, it is the TTL pulses that synchronize events between the systems in your setup. The network connection is used just to send the "full" event information to the Open Ephys. Then I wonder why you don't simply store the full event information in BHV2 and match it with the time of the TTL pulses saved in Open Ephys later. Is there any reason that the information has to be sent to Open Ephys?
maloman

Reply with quote  #3 
Better to have all behavioral data directly in the ephys datafile. 

You are of course right about your answer. Just not as pretty!
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
I am pretty sure that you can "plug" in your code without hacking the source. The initialization and clean-up code can be placed in the alert_function. Any handle or object can be delivered to the timing script via TrialRecord.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.