Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
mkytch

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all,

I'm trying to implement a simple fixation task which asks the monkey to fixate for certain period (e.g. 3s) to get reward, while there's stimulus showing on/off on the screen.

This requires me to monitor the eye traces continuously both during trial and ITI. Rewards may also happen on the trial or ITI period. Does anyone know if that's possible in MonkeyLogic?

Also what's about the minimum ITI in the newest MonkeyLogic? I saw someone said in the forum it's about 600-800 ms, but I'm now sure if the newest version has improved that significantly.

Thanks!
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
ML starts and stops data acquisition at the beginning and the end of each trial, so there is no way to track eye during the absolute ITI period. You can consider running one long trial in a loop without ending it.

Interestingly, the minimum ITI differs quite a lot depending on the MATLAB version, but, even in a worst case, it has been less than a half of the original ML's ITI in my test. Set the ITI to 0 on the menu and run the task. Then ML will show how much time it overpasses.
mkytch

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks a lot for your explanation, Jaewon! I'll give it a try using one single trial.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.