Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
neo3dot1415

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi Jaewon,

I'm using PROPixx projector which gives me refresh rate upto 480 Hz (color) and 1440 Hz (grayscale).

I've set the projector's output to 240 Hz and ML does recognize it, but under the ML video test am getting variations between 180 Hz to 240 Hz. 

* I've checked the refresh rate with PROPixx software and it is constantly 240 Hz. 
* Graphic card that am using: Geforce GTX 970, 4GB GDDR5
* During test, I had following setting on the graphic card:
     Antialiasing: OFF
     Vertical sync: OFF

Do you have any suggestion? Thanks. 
Jaewon

Reply with quote  #2 
What ML detects is not the refresh rate of the projector, but the refresh rate of the video card. They are supposed be the same though, if they are in the range that both devices support.

240 Hz gives ML just 4 ms to check behavior and update screens. It is difficult even for native C++ software to keep up with that speed. It will be much slower in the real task. Don't use such a high refresh rate that your system cannot keep up with.
neo3dot1415

Reply with quote  #3 
We need that high refresh rate for some experiments, so are you saying ML is not able to handle it? 

Jaewon

Reply with quote  #4 
That is exactly what I am saying. It is not just ML. Although I never had the fastest computer available, I am pretty sure most software that does stimulus presentation, behavior monitoring and recording all together cannot handle it. You may need customized C++ software.
ryklin

Administrator
Reply with quote  #5 
in order to use the propixx projector at full resolution you will need different software for stimulus presentation. Can you tell us more about what you're doing? 
neo3dot1415

Reply with quote  #6 
Yes! There is a DataPixx toolbox for MATLAB to write stimulus for Propixx projector. 

Let's say we wanna draw a stimulus (a bar) moving across a circle with high refresh rate. Pretty much similar to one that Propixx has on its demo (if you have seen their demo before). 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: