Author   Comment  
krichard145

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello,

I'm currently trying to create a task that utilizes the RandomDotMotion adapter to create a scene in which the subject must saccade to the RDM after a period of fixation. I'd like to have the RDM freeze in place once a saccade begins, but I'm having difficulties finding a way to code this into the scene. I tried setting the speed of the RDM to zero, but it results in an RDM that flickers as the saccade takes place. Is there some adapter or function I could use to freeze the displayed scene while the subject performs the saccade? I've copied the code for the scene below, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

% Scene 4: Saccade to target

rdm3 = RandomDotMotion(eye_);
rdm3.Position = [-6 -6];
rdm3.Radius = 2;
rdm3.Coherence = 100;
rdm3.Direction = 135;
rdm3.Speed = 0;

target = SingleTarget(rdm3);
target.Target = [-6 -6];
target.Threshold = 2;

tc2 = TimeCounter(null_);
tc2.Duration = 1000;

or1 = OrAdapter(tc2);
or1.add(target);
scene4 = create_scene(or1);

Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
You need to make your own adapter from the code I provided. Obviously I can't satisfy everybody.
krichard145

Reply with quote  #3 
I did not realize I could modify the code for each adapter, I will try making some modifications to RandomDotMotion and save it as a new adapter. Thank you for the quick response!
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
You can copy it to your task directory and modify the copy. Your task directory always goes on the top in the path so the adapter in your task directory has a priority over the one in the ext directory.
krichard145

Reply with quote  #5 
Will do, thanks again.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
I am taking it back. Actually the adapter directory has a priority. I think I need to fix this at some point. In the meantime, you need to rename your adapter.

----

Okay. It is a one-line fix, but I updated the package. You can use the trick I mentioned, if you download the Oct 1 again.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.