Author   Comment  
Jack_23

Reply with quote  #1 
How to move the fixation point, and check whether the monkey pursuit this fixation point?
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Please tell me how you want to move the fixation point, with an example, and how good your programming skill is.
Jack_23

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you. I am new to MonkeyLogic, while good at programming with Python.

The procedure of the experiment is like this:
step1: a static fixation point is presented in the center of the screen. The monkey's eye position is 'acquired' and 'holdfix' for 1000ms.

step2: the static fixation point starts to move to upper right with a speed of 3 deg/s, and the duration of fixation point moving is 2000ms. The monkey should also 'holdfix' to this moving fixation point with a error window of 3 deg. 

step3: The monkey will be given a reward if he finishes these tasks.

Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
The timing script written with toggleobject() and eyejoytrack() does not allow you to do that kind of experiment. You need to write the task with the trialholder version 2. It is not well-documented yet, but the basic idea is described in the following post and there are many examples under the "task" directory of NIMH ML2.

http://forums.monkeylogic.org/post/nimh-monkeylogic-2-with-new-trialholder-v2-9444233

I don't have an adapter written for this pursuit eye movement though. I am busy with other things, so please give me some time.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Jack_23,

Download the latest NIMH ML2 (Jan-17-2018). If you already downloaded it, please do it again. I modified some files without version change.

http://forums.monkeylogic.org/post/nimh-monkeylogic-2-8444337?pid=1302936997

There is an example task under the 'task\runtime v2\9 pursuit eye movement' directory. I think it does what you want to do.

pursuit.mp4_000003048.png  pursuit.mp4 (101 kB)

Jack_23

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you very much. I downloaded ML2 and learned how to use it.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.