Author   Comment  
kaciedougherty

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all, 

After completing a round of experiments with a previous version of ML, we recently downloaded MonkeyLogic 2. We're excited by the new RF mapping feature.

By any chance, has anyone created a RF mapping paradigm for drifting gratings instead of a random dot motion stimulus? If you have any tips or code to share, it would be much appreciated! 

Thank you, 
Kacie
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Well, there are a few different ways to draw gratings. Do you use square gratings or circular ones like the task\runtime v1\6 grating example? Or Gaussian-filtered ones like Gabor patches?

And what properties do you need to manipulate? Spatial frequency? Temporal frequency? Orientation?
kaciedougherty

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Jaewon, 

We typically use circular sine wave gratings, similar to the grating example.  We would like to manipulate the diameter and orientation, spatial and temporal frequency would be bonus. 

Kacie 
crponce

Reply with quote  #4 
I second this. I think a lot of us would use this feature.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #5 
Unlike the random dots, gratings require every pixel in the stimuli to be redrawn each frame. I am not sure if it can be done that quickly. Let me see what I can do.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
I added a grating example. Please try the new package (Agu 21, 2018) and let me know what you think.

http://forums.monkeylogic.org/post/nimh-monkeylogic-2-8444337?trail=250#234
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.