Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
hoptman

Reply with quote  #1 

Hi all,
I am a new user of MonkeyLogic.  I am running it under Windows 7 64 bit using Matlab 2014b (32-bit version) and MonkeyLogic Stable 1.19.  I'm using a NI USB 6009 DAQ and a 6-button response box.  The video test passes with those parameters.

However, when I try to run the task, I get the messages:

<<<*** MonkeyLogic ***>>> Initialization Error

Error using drawnow

Unknown command option.

Error in afMSIT_1_runtime (line 14)

Error in monkeylogic (line 566)

feval(timingfile, TaskObject, TempScreenInfo, DaqInfo, MLConfig.EyeTransform, MLConfig.JoyTransform, BehavioralCodes, TrialRecord, trialtype);

Error in mlmenu (line 2319)

monkeylogic(condfile, datafile, testflag);

C:\MonkeyLogic_stable-1.1.9\MonkeyLogic\mlhelper --cursor-enable

Warning: Calling MEX-file 'C:\MonkeyLogic_stable-1.1.9\MonkeyLogic\prttoolbox\prtmex.dll'.

MEX-files with .dll extensions will not execute in a future version of MATLAB.

Warning: Figure is saved in ml_error_workspace.mat. Loading this file recreates and displays the figure  and its contents. Refer to  <a  href="matlab:helpview([docroot,'/techdoc/ref/save.html'])">save</a> for more information.

> In monkeylogic at 575

In mlmenu at 2319 

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Matt

ryklin

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi,

We are going to shift support over to NIMH-ML (https://www.nimh.nih.gov/labs-at-nimh/research-areas/clinics-and-labs/ln/shn/monkeylogic/index.shtml). 

If you want to continue using this older version and keep getting this error, take a look at the menu and see if checking/unchecking Advanced->Enable Mouse/System Keys helps. It sounds like monkey logic is losing control of the stimulus display and causing this crash.
hoptman

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi,

A.  I tried using Advanced -> Enable Mouse/System Keys, but no change in the error message. 

I'm running on a laptop with a native resolution of 1366x768. When I run the video test at that setting, I get distortion on the screen (distorted lines), and the stimulus tests didn't work at all, so I backed off to 1024x768.  One thing I just noticed is the video test for the secondary monitor isn't always working (it works on the NIMH-ML). In fact the only way I can get it working is to play with the Buffer Pages and even then, I couldn't tell you why it's working.

In 1.1.9, the video test on the secondary monitor gives me:
Error using xglmex
XGL has not been initialized

Error in xglshowcursor (line 12)
xglmex (29, rhs1, rhs2);

and so on. . .

B. I then installed NIMH-ML, but when I load the conditions file, I seem to have problems finding the stimuli (I get an error: "Unknown  object type "pic(020, 0, 0)" (mlconditions.parse_object, Line 187)", despite the fact that the task folder is in my Matlab path.

So I seem to be in a Catch-22.  Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks,
Matt
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
I can help you with NIMH ML2. You got the error message, "Unknown object type", not because it couldn't find the stimulus file (the task folder doesn't need to be in the MATLAB path in ML2), but because it couldn't recognize the string, 'pic'. I guess there may be some white-space characters not trimmed. Can you post your conditions file so that I can check it?
hoptman

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi,
That would be great.  We have several, so I'll upload 2.  If you could let me know what problems you find, I can fix the rest.
Thanks,
Matt

Attached Files
txt afMSIT_1.txt (9.67 KB, 4 views)
txt afMSIT_2.txt (9.67 KB, 2 views)

Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks. ML2 does not expect quotation marks in the stimulus entries. I am working on this and will upload a fix soon.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #7 
I am in the middle of a major update and cannot build a new package. Please download the attached file and overwrite it in your ML2 directory. Then ML2 will be able to read the quoted entries in the conditions file.

Attached Files
zip mlconditions.zip (3.42 KB, 6 views)

hoptman

Reply with quote  #8 

Thanks.  The task file now loads.  

1) However, the stimuli do not show up during testing on the primary or secondary, despite the video tests working.

2) Also, when I run I get a new error:
No public field ANS exists for class mltrialrecord. (afMSIT_1_runtime, Line 1252).
No public field ANS exists for class mltrialrecord.

Error in afMSIT_1_runtime (line 1252)
TrialRecord.ANS=ANS;

Error in run_trial (line 110)
            runtime(MLConfig,TrialRecord,TaskObject,TrialData);

Error in monkeylogic/UIcallback (line 853)
                               results = run_trial(MLConfig,datafile);

Error while evaluating UIControl Callback

3) Finally, when I start monkeylogic, I get a message

Index exceeds matrix dimensions (monkeylogic/update boards, Line 1003)

When I do the I/O test, I then get: Size inputs must be integers. (mglimresize, Line 14)

Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #9 
Hi hoptman,

Thanks for the feedback. The issue #2 is something that changed in ML2 (see the PPTX file under the doc folder). You cannot directly add a new field to "TrialRecord" anymore and should use "TrialRecord.User".

TrialRecord.ANS = ANS;  % error
TrialRecord.User.ANS = ANS;  % good

Issues #1 and #3 are all fixed in the version I have. I was going to upload it after finishing a new feature I am working on, but let me find a way to build a package before.

-----

I just uploaded a new package. Please try it and let me know if there is any problem.
hoptman

Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks!!

It's working!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.