Author   Comment  
marcaro

Reply with quote  #1 

I'm trying to show blocks of movies. The first block plays fine. At the transition between the 1st and 2nd block, I get the following error: "MATLAB has encountered an internal problem and needs to close." 

Not sure if this is a memory issue. I get the same error whether I use a bunch of movies or just one movie. They're avi's roughly 600x600px at either 24fps or 60fps. These movie clips last 2 seconds each.

I'm showing the movie clips at various points on the screen. Each block comprises 1 presentation at each screen position specified. I get the same crash regardless of the number of positions (i.e., when there is only 1 position or 100).

I saved the error log. Not sure what in it is diagnostic of the issue. The following part of the log references MonkeyLogic:
Stack Trace (from fault):
[  0] 0x00007ff9412e7dc1 C:\Users\livingstone\Documents\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Apps\NIMHMonkeyLogic2\code\daqtoolbox\mdqmex.mexw64+00163265 DIOTask::flushdata+00020417
[  1] 0x00007ff9412c7c77 C:\Users\livingstone\Documents\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Apps\NIMHMonkeyLogic2\code\daqtoolbox\mdqmex.mexw64+00031863 EyeLinkTask::EyeLinkTask+00000711
[  2] 0x00007ff9412d1ad5 C:\Users\livingstone\Documents\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Apps\NIMHMonkeyLogic2\code\daqtoolbox\mdqmex.mexw64+00072405 DaqAdaptor::GetAdaptorName+00029269

This error was detected while a MEX-file was running. If the MEX-file
is not an official MathWorks function, please examine its source code
for errors. Please consult the External Interfaces Guide for information
on debugging MEX-files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Mike

Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
I need to see your code and the stimuli. Can you send them to me? And please let me know the version of your NIMH ML.
marcaro

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Jaewon,

Thanks for the fast reply! I wound up fixing the issue last night. It was a dumb typo in my code that only affected blocks after the first. It had nothing to do with the movies themselves. Because the log indicated an error with a mex file, I thought it was a more serious error than it wound up being. Sorry for the false alarm!

Best,
Mike
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks for the update, Mike. I am still wondering what circumstance the error occurred in though. NIMH ML should clear up memory nicely, even though an error occurs in the script.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.