Author   Comment  
GLP

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi there,

Is it possible to send eventcode signals with monkeylogic to a bluetooth or wireless 
transmitter (that is usb connected) rather than a data acquisition card that is typically used? 

Thanks!
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Would you explain more details about the purpose and the setup? The latest version of NIMH ML can trigger a remote reward device via Bluetooth. If that is what you are looking for, please see the 'doc\Bluetooth' directory.
GLP

Reply with quote  #3 
Where is doc/bluetooth? I can't find it in the latest version, if it's there where I have to search for
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
It is in the installation path or under the main directory of NIMH ML.
GLP

Reply with quote  #5 
OK, I managed to get this to work, but does the bluetooth module needs to be continuously connected to the Arduino Uno or does the bluetooth module could standalone?

Thanks!
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
The Bluetooth module is just a receiver. It is the Uno that powers up the module and generates TTLs.
GLP

Reply with quote  #7 
Do you know of any miniature bluetooth module (monkey-head wearable) that could receive bluetooth commands from Monkey Logic and use these to trigger a TTL or analog output? Has this been done before? We want to capture behavioral events on a mobile recording system located on the monkey's head. 

Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #8 
I don't know. There is a small wifi version of Arduino though. It may suit your purpose.

https://store.arduino.cc/usa/arduino-mkr1000
GLP

Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks, does that mean that this wifi Arduino will not need to be wired connected to the bluetooth module?
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #10 
It means you will use wifi instead of Bluetooth. It has the wifi module on board, so there won't be a wire connection except for the battery, I think. It is up to you.
GLP

Reply with quote  #11 
Do you think we can use this https://www.adafruit.com/product/2377 instead, that is smaller, to send the TTLs from the bluetooth receive command?

Thanks!
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #12 
You should contact the manufacturer.
GLP

Reply with quote  #13 
Is there any way to send 'goodmonkey' events to multiple bluetooth devices 
(ie. define multiple com port outputs in GUI)?

Thanks!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.