Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
cognoman

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi All, we are unable to open these files using bhv_read due to the magic number problem. Any assistance in this regard will be great. Thanks! 

Attached Files
zip Experiment_undergrad4afile2_2017-07-12 (2).zip (1.10 MB, 4 views)

Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
There are other fields broken in your files. For example, trial numbers are all >16000. Do you get this problem frequently?
cognoman

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Jaewon, 

We do not get this problem frequently. We have opened these two files in the past to record data. Initially, only undergrad_2a gave us this problem. Then, this began occurring with undergrad_4afile2. 
Thank you

Best,
Cognoman
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
What do you mean by "opened them to record data"? Did you write something in the BHVs after ML created it?
cognoman

Reply with quote  #5 
We determined avg. # of exploits and recorded them on an Excel sheet - a procedure that has worked with the rest of the files. That is, these two files were once functional, as we were able to open them. We did not write something in the BHVs
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
I am not sure what happened to the files and whether they are still readable. Some fields look okay, but others do not have the lengths that they are supposed to have. Are those important files? If so, let me know the widths and the heights of these figures: breakings.png, bush.jpg and over.png. I will try to recover them, but I can't guarantee success.
cognoman

Reply with quote  #7 
Those three not important files. Thank you.
cognoman

Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Jaewon,

Do you need the heights and widths of those files to recover others? 
The files we need are:
AbsoluteTrialStartTime
BlockNumber
ReactionTime
CodeNumbers
CodeTimes
UserVars

Please let us know if there is anything else we could provide for you.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #9 
Yes, that is what I meant. You saved those stimuli in the BHV file, but the size fields of those stimuli are incorrect, so it is difficult to find where in the BHV file the actual data records begin.
cognoman

Reply with quote  #10 
The dimensions of the files are:

breakins.png : [926;500;3]
bush.jpg : [183;121;3]
over.png : [576;754;4]

Thank you.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #11 
I looked at your files again, but I don't think it is worth to spend time in fixing them. Erroneous bytes are inserted in a very irregular pattern, so the retrieved values cannot be trusted. Is your hard disk reliable?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.