Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
visionpl

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello, 

I am using the newest version of MonkeyLogic II. 

I am trying to show video stimuli to our monkeys, but having trouble getting the AVI files to play. The stills (BMP files) work perfectly but the AVI files just give me an error even after editing the matlab code to look for AVI rather than BMP. Each video file is about 1.2MB in size and lasts for less than 1 second. This is my first time attempting to show video files, so I am unfamiliar with the process.

If someone could guide me through what I need to do, that would be much appreciated. 

Thank you so much for your time and any assistance you can provide!
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Can you tell me what the error message is and when exactly it occurred?

If you edited your conditions file correctly, the movie should show up in the stimulus list. Then you can test its playback by selecting it in the list and click the "Test" button.

stim_test.png 

AVI is just a container format. You still need codecs to retrieve movie frames and you may not have a right codec. I used to use K-lite codec pack Mega.

https://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

visionpl

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you so much for getting back so quickly!

I will try codecs. Thank you for the link. 
I can also get back with the exact error message tomorrow (though it might be the codec as you mentioned). 
visionpl

Reply with quote  #4 
The error was "unable to determine file format. (imfinfo, line 113)"

I downloaded the codec and that fixed it for when my condition files are manually created in the .txt files, so thank you so much! Everything works perfectly there.

Unfortunately, the error still occurs when I try to reference a matlab file to generate my conditions. Also, the images and videos do not show in the stimulus box when I reference a matlab file. This also occurs when I try any of the tutorial/ example files.

Attached Images
png Capture.png (23.40 KB, 1 views)

Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #5 

What do you mean by "referencing a matlab file to generate my conditions"? Are you talking about making the conditions file with generate_condition.m?

Sometimes the script writes the conditions file in an incorrect syntax. But then the error message would be different. Why don't you upload your conditions file so that I can test?

Some examples tasks are written without using a conditions file, so it is normal that you see "User-defined". You can still run the task.

Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
Hi visionpl,

I looked at the files you sent. You are using the userloop file to generate a condition for the next trial.

I can't test your files, because there is a missing function, datasample(). You didn't mention what was the error you got, but I guess it is not the video stimulus issue any more.

As I said above, it is normal that the stimulus list is "user-defined" when you use the userloop. With the userloop file, it is dynamically determined which stimulus will be used just before a trial starts, so there is no way to display stimuli on the main menu.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.