Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Jack_23

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi Jaewon:

In monkeylogic 2, the eye calibration process is like this. First, a center point shows, the monkey look at it, and we press the space bar to register the voltage. Then, a periphery point shows, we have to manually set gains of x, y.

While, in my experience, the function of mapping voltage to eye fixation angle is like this:

eye_fixation_angle_x = (voltage_x - offset_x)/gain_x
eye_fixation_angle_y = (voltage_y - offset_y)/gain_y

So, the calibration procedure could me like:
1. a center point shows, the monkey look at it, and we press a key, like the space bar, to register the voltage. This step will calculate the value of offset_x and offset_y.

2. a periphery point shows, like at the position of (10, 10), the monkey look at it, and we press the key, like the space bar, to register the voltage. This step will calculate the value of gain_x and gain_y.

These two steps will calculate all the parameters, offset_x, offset_y, gain_x, gain_y, for mapping voltage to eye fixation angle.

The advantage of this is that, users need not to manually set gain_x and gain_y. And this will make calibration procedure easier.

Is it possible to add such a function to monkeylogic 2? Thank you .

Best Wishes
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
The origin and gain calibration method of NIMH ML already does the Step 1 as you described. So the difference between the current way and your suggestion is whether to set the gains by typing them in or registering another voltage point.

I understand why you want it, but I kind of prefer the current way, because, if we do it in your way, 1) there should be a way to force people to do the center point first and 2) the gain may be set to an unreasonable value, depending on the output of the eye tracker.

I think it is not that hard to adjust the gains manually, once you know from the experience roughly how large they should be.
Jack_23

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you very mach for your kind explanation.
Jaewon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you for the suggestion. I like to hear feedback from people.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.